1. User has not uploaded an avatar

moggs

Why doesn't channel 100 work on my HD Fox T2

| Sun 24 Dec 2023 13:39:14 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Welcome to the forums.

In what way does it not work? Are you seeing a picture?

| Sun 24 Dec 2023 14:44:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi moggs,

Have you just discovered this channel or used it previously? Channel 100 is designed for Freeview PLAY boxes & only works on newer boxes. As far as I know it won't work with Humax T2 or even the Youview boxes. Here is a link to the Freeview play menu for more information:

https://www.freeview.co.uk/get-freeview-play/channels/freeview

John L

| Sun 24 Dec 2023 15:29:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

jdlfreetime - 2 days ago  » 
    Channel 100 is designed for Freeview PLAY boxes & only works on newer boxes. As far as I know it won't work with Humax T2 or even the Youview boxes.

Channel 100 is also designed for non freeview-play boxes.
    On non freeview-play boxes there was also an alternative use of Channel 100 that continued after the launch of freeview play's version of LCN100. To quote from the current content of the freeview site:

Go to Channel 100 in the TV Guide, where you'll get information on any new channel launches and also general Freeview support.

This also used to work on the pre-BT/EE TV Pro Boxies, although when it was initially launched youview used to suppress channel 100 from being tuned, but they ceased that suppression in a later update, and up to recently has been working fine.

| Wed 27 Dec 2023 14:55:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

moggs - 3 days ago  » 
    Why doesn't channel 100 work on my HD Fox T2

If you are referring to the freeview view information version of channel 100, then that recently has started to just show a black screen on other older freeview (and youview) boxes as well.
    My guess is that it has been dropped, but I haven't seen any announcement of that.

I'm wondering if this will be used as a test of whether any one complains and the next thing could be a retry at dropping the red button text function.

| Wed 27 Dec 2023 15:17:45 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.