My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Freeview Play shortcomings or BBC?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Due to the BBCs dreadful decision to cancel their entire schedule on BBC1 and BBC2 on Friday a number of those programmes were shown yesterday (Saturday). In particular Gardeners World. Even though I have this set on the Aura as a series link the rescheduled programme failed to record. SkyQ however took this in its stride and recorded said programme. Is this a shortcoming of Freeview Play or the BBC? If the BBC then why was it flagged in the Sky EPG and not Freeview Play?

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 13:13:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 2 hours ago  » 
    Due to the BBCs dreadful decision to cancel their entire schedule on BBC1 and BBC2 on Friday a number of those programmes were shown yesterday (Saturday). In particular Gardeners World. Even though I have this set on the Aura as a series link the rescheduled programme failed to record. SkyQ however took this in its stride and recorded said programme. Is this a shortcoming of Freeview Play or the BBC? If the BBC then why was it flagged in the Sky EPG and not Freeview Play?

Guessing the BBC pulled the usual stunt by giving the new episodes a new series crid. So the box has no way of relating the existing series with the new one.

They do that all the time. I currently have two series recordings for Escape To The Country.

The first one has two events

Mon 12th apr at at 15:15 and Sun 18th apr at 13:50

The Second one Is different Series. Detailed Info display shows this clearly.

Mon - Friday 12th - !6th Apr

I think Sky create There own series crids for the Sky-epg.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 15:45:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 2 hours ago  » 

Guessing the BBC pulled the usual stunt by giving the new episodes a new series crid. So the box has no way of relating the existing series with the new one.
    They do that all the time. I currently have two series recordings for Escape To The Country.

Possibly, however, it’s in the schedule on the Aura to record at the usual time this coming Friday. I haven’t added it again. Oh don’t mention escape to the country. Wife goes mad as one week it records next week nothing, then she’s trying to find the right episodes on iPlayer.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 18:20:52 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 38 mins ago  » 

Faust - 2 hours ago  » 

Possibly, however, it’s in the schedule on the Aura to record at the usual time this coming Friday. I haven’t added it again. Oh don’t mention escape to the country. Wife goes mad as one week it records next week nothing, then she’s trying to find the right episodes on iPlayer.

That will happen if the BBC have done what I say. It will find any episodes not yet transmitted using the original series codeing yet ignore earlier transmitted ones using a different series crid.

As my example clearly shows the consecutive ones needed a new reservation.

That is why you get the issue. If you check the epg and find a new episode not flagged in the epg. Check the detailed info for the series number of the lat one in the epg and the first missing one add a new series for the first missing one.

I think the BBC simply trot out the crids used for the original showing and no considering that this makes it impossible for the boxes to pick up all the events.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 19:06:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

Faust - 38 mins ago  » 

Faust - 2 hours ago  » 

That will happen if the BBC have done what I say. It will find any episodes not yet transmitted using the original series codeing yet ignore earlier transmitted ones using a different series crid.
    As my example clearly shows the consecutive ones needed a new reservation.
    That is why you get the issue. If you check the epg and find a new episode not flagged in the epg. Check the detailed info for the series number of the lat one in the epg and the first missing one add a new series for the first missing one.
    I think the BBC simply trot out the crids used for the original showing and no considering that this makes it impossible for the boxes to pick up all the events.

I suspect you are correct. The beeb are far to engrossed in everything HRH Philip to bother with getting CRIDS correct.

| Sun 11 Apr 2021 22:26:02 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.