My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Freeview players stopped working

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NuttyProfessor

It's possible that re-entering the router password is not necessary. However, when looking in Settings, WiFi Connection, the Humax was trying to connect to my Solar Panel Inverter despite the signal strength being much lower that that of the BT hub. Selecting the BT hub (or any other WiFi source) opens a dialogue that requires input of the password. There does not seem to be a way back, and there is no way that I can find of verifying that the Humax is connected to the router other than by opening that dialogue and entering the password. The connection status can be misleading as it will be displaying a connection when there is none.

| Tue 6 Aug 2019 13:57:02 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

NuttyProfessor - 16 hours ago  » 
    It's possible that re-entering the router password is not necessary. However, when looking in Settings, WiFi Connection, the Humax was trying to connect to my Solar Panel Inverter despite the signal strength being much lower that that of the BT hub. Selecting the BT hub (or any other WiFi source) opens a dialogue that requires input of the password. There does not seem to be a way back, and there is no way that I can find of verifying that the Humax is connected to the router other than by opening that dialogue and entering the password. The connection status can be misleading as it will be displaying a connection when there is none.

I suspect that many niggles with IP connected equipment arise from specific network arrangements in the home. You say that your HUMAX tries to connect to your solar panel inverter. I don't know why that should be so and will be annoying for you. You could avoid this issue by connecting wired, perhaps using a pair of homeplug adapters if running wires is inconvenient. However, I also think that it is unlikely that connection status would report a connection is there was none - as I said before, if you come to this conclusion because your Homehub doesn't report a connection then that is a problem with the router that I have seen before; not just with HUMAX devices. Let us know if the problem (with Players) returns after a while.

| Wed 7 Aug 2019 6:59:59 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.