My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Freeview retunes early 2018

(61 posts)
  1. black knight

black knight

special member

As expected, COM8 it is for CBeebies-HD and BBC4-HD.

| Thu 11 Jan 2018 13:04:44 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Yep and when I think its going to go smoothly BBC4 HD and C beebies are nowhere to be found after an automatic and a manual retune.

I know the channels they are supposed to now be on. Band 31 and channel 106 for BBC 4 HD on Winter Hill now but nothing there for me on the Humax

Im getting sick of this even though I can fairly rapidly delete the dross and set up my channels again.

So right now I no longer have BBC 4 HD

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 20:22:46 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Minstrel SE - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yep and when I think its going to go smoothly BBC4 HD and C beebies are nowhere to be found after an automatic and a manual retune.
    I know the channels they are supposed to now be on. Band 31 and channel 106 for BBC 4 HD on Winter Hill now but nothing there for me on the Humax
    Im getting sick of this even though I can fairly rapidly delete the dross and set up my channels again.

Do a signal check on UHF 37 (COM 8). If you have no signal you may have a aerial issue. COM 8 is lower power than COM 7 (COM 7 (UHF 31) 25.7kW COM 8 (UHF 37) 22.6kW).

| Sat 20 Jan 2018 21:40:22 #13 |
  4. black knight

black knight

special member

Minstrel SE - 18 hours ago  » 

Just a quick clarification. When doing a manual scan, you are selecting DVB-T2 on the tuning menu page?

Also, according to Grahams post above 'band 31' is COM7. You need to scan 37 for COM8.

| Sun 21 Jan 2018 14:38:47 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

black knight - 1 hour ago  » 

Minstrel SE - 18 hours ago  » 

Just a quick clarification. When doing a manual scan, you are selecting DVB-T2 on the tuning menu page?
    Also, according to Grahams post above 'band 31' is COM7. You need to scan 37 for COM8.

Correct

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Winter_Hill

BBC4 HD has moved from COM 7 to COM 8.

| Sun 21 Jan 2018 16:15:48 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Yes everyone I look closely at what signals are being received and switch to DVB T2 when necessary.

I will give it another go tonight and I refer to the Winter Hill webpage where the channel is supposed to be now.

Its listed on COM 7 Band 31

Im not getting COM 8 on a lower power but not missing anything on that

| Sun 21 Jan 2018 19:32:27 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Minstrel SE - 42 minutes ago  » 

Im not getting COM 8 on a lower power but not missing anything on that

Yes you are. BBC 4 HD has moved to COM 8. The internet information hasn't caught up yet. If you want to continue watching you may need to improve your aerial

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item184

What does the DTG (detailed view) say about your COM 8 reception ?

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker

| Sun 21 Jan 2018 20:20:43 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Minstrel SE - 1 hour ago  » I refer to the Winter Hill webpage where the channel is supposed to be now.

Based on past performance you may have to wait a few years for some unofficial Winter Hill webpage to catch up.

For what is on each mux see http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings for a list that continues to be kept up to date.

| Sun 21 Jan 2018 20:41:42 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 5 minutes ago  » 

Minstrel SE - 1 hour ago  » I refer to the Winter Hill webpage where the channel is supposed to be now.

Based on past performance you may have to wait a few years for some unofficial Winter Hill webpage to catch up.
    For what is on each mux see http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings for a list that continues to be kept up to date.

Except that in this case it is also out of date

106 BBC FOUR HD HD COM7 HD

| Sun 21 Jan 2018 20:48:02 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/freeview-changes-for-bbc-four-hd-and.html

Transmission of BBC 4 HD on COM 7 ceased 17th January 2018. Following dual broadcasting from the 11th January 2018. This applies to all UK transmitters with COM7/8.

| Sun 21 Jan 2018 21:01:15 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.