My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Freezes on Playback programme 68

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cinders12

Hello
    This is my first posting. I have a problem with my PVR-9300T which I have had for 13 months (so too late to fix under warranty). There have been occasional freezing problems over time but now whenever I try to replay whatever programme is at Number 68 on the Recoding List the whole thing freezes and I can do nothing unless I pull the plug out. Then I can replay any recording if I avoid Progamme 68 or cancel it. Then of course the new programme 68 freezes solid too.
    Has anyone else encountered this or similar problem and if so how do I fix it?
    Thanks
    cinders12

| Tue 28 Aug 2012 19:36:45 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum
    Firstly unless you bought a 'graded' product the warranty is 2 years so still under warranty. (graded products are factory refurbished and only have a years warranty).

I suspect that recording (68) has become corrupted or there is a hard drive problem where that file is stored. Is the box left on all the time or put into standby?

In the first instance I would recommend contacting Humax.

| Tue 28 Aug 2012 20:16:41 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Can't say I recall anyone reporting such an issue before, and it will be late afternoon before I have recorded enough to try and replicate, but I will endeavour to check this one out on one of my units.

| Wed 29 Aug 2012 9:18:25 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Tried to replicate without success, replayed/deleted no 68 in list numerous times.

| Wed 29 Aug 2012 16:43:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cinders12 - 23 hours ago  » 
    whenever I try to replay whatever programme is at Number 68 on the Recoding List the whole thing freezes and I can do nothing unless I pull the plug out.

I would guess that the file system is becoming slightly corrupt. the easiest fix would be to watch any important recordings and then Format the drive from the HDD Control menu.

| Wed 29 Aug 2012 18:42:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cinders12

Thanks for the prompt replies. The box is always left on standby overnight. Good news is that it has a two year warranty so I'll contact Humax and then supplier (Amazon). Failing replacement I'll try reformatting.If the fix is interesting I'll post again.

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 13:08:04 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

cinders12 - 51 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the prompt replies. The box is always left on standby overnight. Good news is that it has a two year warranty so I'll contact Humax and then supplier (Amazon). Failing replacement I'll try reformatting.If the fix is interesting I'll post again.

I doubt the warranty covers file system corruption, your first course of action should be to format the disc and if the problem returns then go for a replacement. Any replacement you may get from Humax will probably be a return from someone else, with who knows what other problems. Format or replacement, either way you'll lose your current recordings.

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 14:06:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cinders12

Thanks for further sound advice. I'll take it and try reformatting. I need to watch some recorded programmes first but if it works I'll be sure to let you know.

| Fri 31 Aug 2012 18:59:24 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.