My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Front display only shows blue

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

You're a star, GrahamL!! Disconnecting the HD has it working. I know nothing about these AV drives - do you recommend eh one in your link on Amazon?
    I used to have jumpers saved somewhere off old computers, but not sure what I did with them. If I don't, where is the easiest place to get one? - a computer repair shop?

| Thu 20 Oct 2016 9:06:15 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

I see the details for the jumper setting now - it's a SATA drive (sorry, I hadn't read that part!)

| Thu 20 Oct 2016 9:16:10 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tombar - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I see the details for the jumper setting now - it's a SATA drive (sorry, I hadn't read that part!)

A computer repair shop would have some drive jumpers. Probably find some on a gash computer or check the old drive, I can't remember if there were any on the old drive.

The problem is the drives now are faster than the original sata drives and the Foxsat needs the data speed reducing for compatibility.

If you connect your old drive in a sata USB cradle and connect it to one of the Foxsat USB ports you may be able to recover your old recordings. The video folder is in the 3rd partition (SDA3).

AV drives are low speed (5200 rpm) and low power devices designed for video recording. They don't have the data checking used on PC drives that can interrupt the data stream. The odd wrong bit is trivial in this application. They are also designed to run 24/7 for years. My original first generation Foxsat has a WD 1TB drive and is still going strong and is used every day.

| Thu 20 Oct 2016 9:33:59 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

Thanks, Graham - you're actually ahead in the replies, as I was going to ask if I could recover any saved films!.

| Thu 20 Oct 2016 10:52:19 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

The dead one is a Seagate Pipeline HD 2 500 Gb. Doesn't seem to have anywhere to put jumpers

| Thu 20 Oct 2016 11:50:50 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

Have been waiting for a week for a drive that I've not yet received. In this time, the Humax Foxsat has been working fine as a receiver without the HD, but today it only gives a bluish front screen. Is it now completely screwed?

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 18:06:03 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.