My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Frustration

(21 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Watchdog may tell you to read the instruction manual. Quote from page GB 50 of my version.

5. Select Format and press the OK button to remove all the
    recorded programmes saved on the HDD and initialise the
    HDD.
    6. Select Yes when the format confirmation message appears and
    enter a password to start formatting the HDD.
    Note:
    • The format deletes all the recorded programmes saved on the
    HDD including TV, radio, MP3s and photos. Formatting does not
    delete the system files of the product.

If you want help on this or any other forum then I think you are going about it the wrong way.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 23:16:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jan papps - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sorry, but why should I know what software I'm using.

I am trying to help you, believe it or not. You could be suffering from one of a number of problems. To try and diagnose the problem remotely in a vaguely scientific way we need some input from you. On the Humax Remote press Menu; then select System then select Status and tell us the Software version and the System ID. Obviously if you didn't come here for help in resolving the problem then there is no point in answering. However most people do actually come for assistance and the Forum members do manage to resolve a reasonably high percentage of problems (but sadly not a hundred percent).

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 0:04:42 #12 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi Jan

Please remember that this is a 'user forum' not a manufacturer's support forum. The people who frequent here do so out of a desire to help others on a purely voluntary basis. There are a lot of knowledgeable people across a wide spectrum of expertise.

The reason Martin is asking for your software version and system ID is that there have been changes to the broadcast system which have caused problems that have been addressed and rectified with software updates, but some units had a corrupted System ID which prevented the update of the software.

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 13:02:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jan papps

Sorry, Martin, but I just felt that no-one was listening to me. The Software Version is UPTTF 1.00.19 and the System ID is 3028.0000.

I hope this can help

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 23:08:54 #14 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Just check the System ID again, it should be 3023.0000 acording to the Humax web site.

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 23:34:33 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Your software version is slightly too old and is quite probably responsible for the problems you are having. As Biggles notes please check the System ID again. If it is really 3028.0000 then that explains why your box is not updating to the latest software. I can supply a file to correct the problem but this would require equipment costing a few pounds to install it that you probably don't possess. If you can confirm the System ID we can decide the way forward.

| Sun 28 Oct 2012 0:03:44 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jan papps

Yes, you're right, it is 3023.0000. I mis-read the 3 for an 8.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 0:27:25 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jan papps - 55 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, you're right, it is 3023.0000. I mis-read the 3 for an 8.

OK so it should update OK when the software update is next broadcast. The next transmission is from 10am on Wednesday through to 9am on Friday this week. If you leave the box in standby (ie press the standby button in the top right corner of the remote) overnight on Wednesday the update should be downloaded Wednesday night and applied when you bring the box out of standby on Thursday. Assuming the update works properly do a reset to default settings and hopefully your box will now be working properly.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 1:27:31 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jan papps

Thank you, I will give it a try. Funny, but my Humax problems (and maybe the resolution) are always on a Wednesday. If only I could retrieve my deleted recordings!

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 1:48:42 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jan papps - 9 hours ago  » 
    Funny, but my Humax problems are always on a Wednesday.

I can't explain why you always get problems on a Wednesday but we have had a number of similar reports and as far as I can remember updating the software fixed it in all cases.

If only I could retrieve my deleted recordings!

Sorry but they are gone.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 11:09:54 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.