My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Frustration

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jan papps

Ever since digital switchover, I have experienced problems. It usually happens every Wednesday, when I cannot change channels, record, pause, etc.,. Also the clock "sticks". But, unfortunately, it's also happened today, a Friday.
    I have sent countless e-mails to the Humax helpline, but they do not bother to reply. I've also tried 'phoning, but I am not prepared to hold on and pay Humax "X" amount of pounds.
    Yesterday, when I entered "recorded progmmes modes", I scrolled down to HDD - I thought all I had to do was format the hard disc and everything would be alright - but, no, all it did was to delete all my recorded programmes which is so distastrous. How do I get them back?!
    I have contacted BBC's "Watchdog", re-iterating some of the above, but have not received the courtesy of a reply. Perhaps if you would all contact them then something might be done.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 20:12:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jan papps - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Ever since digital switchover, I have experienced problems. It usually happens every Wednesday, when I cannot change channels, record, pause, etc.,. Also the clock "sticks". But, unfortunately, it's also happened today, a Friday.

Which Humax box do you have? the usual reason for the symptoms you describe is running an old version of the software. Can you tell us what version the box is running?

I thought all I had to do was format the hard disc and everything would be alright - but, no, all it did was to delete all my recorded programmes which is so distastrous. How do I get them back?!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but just like a computer, formatting the drive will permanently delete all recordings. Theoretically it might be possible to recover them but as no one has written software to do it then they are lost.

I have contacted BBC's "Watchdog", re-iterating some of the above, but have not received the courtesy of a reply. Perhaps if you would all contact them then something might be done.

But most of us are not suffering the problems you describe, Yes all the Humax boxes have some niggles but then so do all the other PVRs and most are worse than the Humax.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 20:50:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jan papps

Martin, it is PVR-9300T. Yes, I've lost my recordings and I am gutted, but ce'a la vie. I am just, absolutley, disappointed that Humax cannot bother to get back to me. As I said in my post I have contacted BBC's "Watchdog" and will contact my daily paper to express my concerns. This is all due to digital switchoevr!

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 21:03:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jan papps

Martin, are you employed by Humax?

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 21:05:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jan papps - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Martin, are you employed by Humax?

Most certainly not. Would you care to tell us what software version your box is running so we can see if we can resolve your problem (Menu>System>Status if I remember correctly). Software version and System ID would both be helpful.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 21:44:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jan papps

Sorry, but why should I know what software I'm using. All I know is that I have a Humax box and I am having problems. It's surely not rocket science!

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 22:37:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jan papps

P.S. Who are you?

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 22:39:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jan papps

Jan papps - 1 minute ago  » 
    P.S. Who are you?

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 22:41:35 #8 |
  9. brian

brian