My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T audio and app usage problems

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

richard_a

Hi all,

I took delivery of a FVP 4000T yesterday. A few problems straight out of the box;

Audio

The audio out through HDMI drops out momentarily at least once a minute - this is not limited to particular channels.

The pass through to the television tuner is working fine, other devices send audio over the same HDMI cable without any issue, and the optical out audio is fine, so this is definitely a problem with the Humax hardware and makes it unusable. Adjusting the HDMI CEC link settings on or off, or adjusting the audio output between stereo and digital makes no difference.

Remote apps

Downloaded several of the Humax apps on my iPhone (iOS 11). None of these work at all. I have managed to access remote recording using this website by registering the device, however using the app whilst on the same wifi network just pops up a message to make sure both Humax device and iPhone are connected to the same network...which they are...

Quite disappointed and the audio problem is clearly not something I can live with.

Thanks in advance for any comments or help in solving any of the above...

| Wed 22 Nov 2017 13:09:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

richard_a - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Audio
    The audio out through HDMI drops out momentarily at least once a minute - this is not limited to particular channels.

What make and model of TV please?

| Wed 22 Nov 2017 13:19:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

richard_a

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

richard_a - 2 hours ago  » 
    the TV is an LG55 UJ701V...this one;

Interesting. There is a known problem with HDMI sound between the HDR-FOX T2 and recent LG televisions (ours is a 49UJ750V) which results in momentary drop outs in the audio although not as frequently as once a minute. This is the first report I have seen for later Humax models. It may of course not be related but it is a cause for concern. I suggest talking to Humax support on the phone and trying the box with a different make of TV.

| Wed 22 Nov 2017 15:55:25 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.