My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T EPG over-the-air updates

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This sounds like the original bug that the HDR-FOX-T2 had. If using padding the box wakes at the set time without the pre 15 minute boot to watch for the broadcaster accurate recording start signal. As a result the epg never gets updated, thus losing a days epg at the end of every day. It's very easy to see this in action. Turn on padding and every day on first boot remove the aerial and check the epg for 7 days time is not there. If you do this for several days you can see the epg shrink.

There's a very simple workaround. Set a daily manual watch reservation on say BBC1 for 20 mins to update the epg (OR a daily power on/off 20 minutes apart).

| Thu 7 Sep 2017 18:48:20 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveP

Thanks everyone for the info and advice.

One last thing before I remove the padding and switch to accurate recordings: is there a way to tell if your using more than one transmiiter?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

| Thu 7 Sep 2017 20:20:21 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Look for channel numbers over 800. If you have them these may be the ones you should be using.

If you have manual tuning is the best option.

| Thu 7 Sep 2017 20:37:10 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

SteveP - 55 minutes ago  » 
    One last thing before I remove the padding and switch to accurate recordings: is there a way to tell if your using more than one transmiiter?

The checking 800 is not 100% reliable. If you have channels in the 800s that does mean you are tuned to more than 1 transmitter, but the converse is not true.
    If you do not have channels in the 800s you may not be tuned to more than 1 transmitter or you may be tuned to one transmitter - which doesn't really help!

On a Humax to be sure that you are tuned to just 1 transmitter you either need to follow a strict manual tuning exercise or check a channel from each of your transmitter's frequencies (muxs). There are other methods but they are far too lengthy and complex to consider as practical.
    The most practical, quickest and easiest is a strict manual retune.

| Thu 7 Sep 2017 21:45:18 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 
    Each digital mux carries the full epg in a round data robin and using a single tuner it takes about 20 minutes to go round the lot.

Each digital mux carries the full epg in 4 1/2 minutes or under. This is in the mux's conditions. If a particular DTT model takes longer to populate its epg then this is down to the model and not the broadcast.
    My HDR-FOX T2s and vestels fully populate in 4:29. And no I don't wait until 4:29 to start to check!

| Thu 7 Sep 2017 21:49:58 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.