My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T Hard Drive

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

a4000t_owner

Just a thought but for the money and time going in to this you could probably go with the 2Tb aura with a faster cpu and guarantee.

| Fri 17 Sep 2021 11:06:44 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

in answer to a4000t member, Had I been aware of the problems I was going to have, iwould probably have done that, but as I had spent the money I stuck with it and as you will see below eventually I managed it.
    Boyd

[b]Just to close my post regarding fitting a larger H/D to a FVP4000 or 5000[b]
    I decided to follow Martin Liddle’s suggestion of cloning and to that end bought a copy of “Acronis” and on trying it I discovered it had wiped the source disk and not done the clone, possibly my mistake, but anyway I then tried using a free program “Minitool Partition Wizard” and on trying it after a couple of hours I thought it must have crashed, but I was wrong I left it running overnight and found that it had completed the disk copy and on putting it my FVP 4000 I found that as soon as the machine was switched on the disk was working perfectly and had even restored the index of the ( what I thought had been deleted from the original disk. All the original programs were copied and are all playable. , makes sense I suppose as the machine did not even need a setup on installing the cloned disk as it is an full and exact copy.
    I don’t doubt there are other programs out there that will work too but as “Minitool Partition Wizard” is free and very simple to use with the Clone disk wizard it comes with I would recommend it, and the long time it takes is probably the same no matter what program you use.
    I think the program is setup for copying computer hard drives as it labels each partition with a drive letter but that seems to make no difference and anyway the drive letters can easily be removed using windows computer management in control panel. I originally intended to install a 4TB drive, but had to settle for a 2TB drive as I could not source the larger drives, even as far afield as Germany, seems covid has caused problems there too.
    Boyd (mactoshb)

| Fri 1 Oct 2021 11:39:32 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mactoshb - 33 mins ago  » 
    I thought it must have crashed, but I was wrong I left it running overnight and found that it had completed the disk copy and on putting it my FVP 4000 I found that as soon as the machine was switched on the disk was working perfectly and had even restored the index of the ( what I thought had been deleted from the original disk. All the original programs were copied and are all playable. , makes sense I suppose as the machine did not even need a setup on installing the cloned disk as it is an full and exact copy.

Glad it worked but I still have no idea why the Humax wouldn't format the hard drive itself.

I originally intended to install a 4TB drive, but had to settle for a 2TB drive as I could not source the larger drives, even as far afield as Germany, seems covid has caused problems there too.

Do we know whether a 4TB drive will work in an FVP-4000/5000 ?

| Fri 1 Oct 2021 12:18:05 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Thanks Martin for the reply, I cannot understand the non formatting either, I have access to 2 4000 and one 5000 and have tried the new 2TB hard drive in all three but in each case it goes through the factory reset with Format clicked and in all three it wouild not play the files.
    I said in original postings that my brother had obtained a 4TB drive and I was a bit premature, he could not obtain one and settled like me for the seagate 2TB so as Humax has not bothered to reply to my inquiry regarding max size I cannot say whether larger drives will be workable, but I have seen posts on the forum where people say they have fitted a 4TB, which was what started me off thinking about it.
    Boyd

| Fri 1 Oct 2021 14:00:23 #64 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.