My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T - interference on start-up?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJW

I've been very satisfied with my FVP 4000T, but just recently, on starting up the FVP and the TV, I'm getting interference on sound and vision, with the TV switching itself off and on again a couple of times before everything settles down, and then it's back to normal.

I've tried re-setting the TV Power On/Off in the FVP (I didn't have it set to that, but this happens irrespective of whether it's on or off), and it doesn't look as though it's related to the FVP connecting itself to Wifi.

I'm at a loss to know why it's suddenly started happening - there's nothing else I can think of in the settings menu that would cause this. Is it something to do with the most recent software update? Might it be that some neighbour's wifi-connected equipment is somehow trying to communicate with it?

I should add, the TV is a Samsung, several years old, but the two have worked together well through an HDMI connection, indeed the SD picture from the FVP looks better, never mind the fact that the FVP now lets me see HD channels through the Samsung. Sound output from the TV is connected through my hifi, and that hasn't changed since I got the FVP.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 9:02:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi PJW,

I know on my 4000T freeview box I have to use a splitter because every time I took it out of standby, the TV picture used to break up and disappear as it cut of the loop through signal to the TV.

I also had to do the same with my 2000T as it also had the same problem.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 10:09:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJW

Splitter of what connection, where?

| Sat 15 Oct 2016 7:15:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

What Bill is suggesting is that, instead of putting your aerial coax into the 4000t and then looping out to your tv, you use a coax splitter and feed both your 4000t and your tv simultaneously.

| Sat 15 Oct 2016 7:30:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJW

Got it. Thanks. I've tried just about everything else!

| Sun 16 Oct 2016 14:06:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJW

Adding in a splitter doesn't seem to make any difference to this problem. It looks like something is generating some sort of interference somewhere. I thought perhaps something somewhere was trying to connect wirelessly to the FVP, but I've turned off the Network Server and the fileshare server options, and it goes on even after the FVP has connected to the wifi router. I don't think it's my phone or computer. Eventually whatever it is stops trying, or whatever the problem is, and everything settles down, but it makes for an irritating few minutes.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 14:11:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJW

Ha. I think it's a problem with the digital tuner in the TV itself. I get it when I switch it on, whether or not the HDMI cable's in, and when it does settle down, I find the picture from the TV's own tuner is just a little bit fuzzy. Oh well, it is eight years old....

| Wed 9 Nov 2016 14:16:51 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.