My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T loses internet connection

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pwilliams

having the same problem with the box dropping the Wi-Fi connection-
    I found it surprising that the password is not stored and has to be re entered each time the box is re-connected to the 'net, if the router is either turned off/reset or the box drops the link . I thought it would have saved the settings and re-connected automatically - same as my PC.

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 0:37:31 #11 |
  2. pzkeeper

pzkeeper

Bump this thread. Has anyone found a solution to the wifi losing it's settings? This is has just started happening to my box after about 6 weeks of normal operation. To say this is annoying is a gross understatement!!!!!!!

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 18:18:17 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

This has happened to me with my 4000T, luckily I just tuned mine off at the mains for about a minute then tuned it back on again, and now its working again. I found that if the router is turned off for some reason or a power cut, then you have to reboot the 4000T or put in again the routers pass key again.

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 23:14:44 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Yep - Humax have screwed up again big time!

Network connection through Ethernet cable has always worked perfectly on my FVP-4000T although plenty of other things are buggy.

This evening Mrs S remarked that she tried to watch something on catch-up but the Humax tells her it's not connected. So I just checked. Yep, the latest update has busted one of the things that actually worked.

No router password required for Ethernet of course but after several power re-starts and switching between DHCP and fixed IP, I finally managed to get DHCP to accept that it is connected.

The Settings screen always says "Connected" but don't let that fool you. Until you try to actually use On Demand you won't know.

Even now it's hopelessly flaky because under Network Connection Status both Local Area Network and Internet say "Okay" but the IP Address says 0.0.0.0 and the Netmask says 0.0.0.0 ... yeah right!

What is the matter with the Humax technical department. I know why they say that do not read this forum .... it's sheer embarrassment!

I'll email them a copy of this post but it's like talking to my Grandmother (and she's long dead!)

Richard

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 20:51:58 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

h5ringer

barryiow - 5 months ago  » 
    Hello, I also had trouble connecting my FVP-4000 via Wifi, in the end I hard wired it

When I first got my FVP-4000T I couldn't get it to connect to my 2.4GHz wi-fi network. Displayed the SSID ok but despite entering the correct network password, it failed to connect, so I used the Ethernet connection instead. I recently set up a 5GHz Access Point in addition to the 2.4GHz one and spotted that the Humax box detected the new network. Entered the (same) network password and voila, it connected fine, so I now have a good 5GHz wi-fi connection. Didn't know this box was dual band.

| Sat 16 Apr 2016 17:00:21 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.