My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T Storage failure

(15 posts)
  1. Rayzwave

Rayzwave

I have a FVP-4000T which says it has zero storage so believes it has no HDD and it will not let the user reformat it either. I have returned the box to the factory default and the 12V power is getting to the drive, So, what is likely to be the problem. Ideas much appreciated

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 18:35:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Rayzwave,

After reading my answer to your query on the other post, have you tried disconnecting the hard drive? Could be faulty or even maybe a corrupted file causing problem. How long have you had the pvr? Is it within warranty period? John L

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 18:46:55 #2 |
  3. Rayzwave

Rayzwave

Hi John,

No it’s not in warranty, I didn’t know what to expect, but have just tried to access the drive through a PC using a SATA caddie and couldn’t access it. I’m hoping to get my hands on a matching Seagate drive to swap it out with.

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 19:33:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rayzwave - 3 hours ago  » 
    No it’s not in warranty, I didn’t know what to expect, but have just tried to access the drive through a PC using a SATA caddie and couldn’t access it.

What do you mean by "access the drive"? If you have a Windows computer you won't be able to connect to the content on the drive without special software but you should be able to see the partition table.

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 22:48:46 #4 |
  5. Rayzwave

Rayzwave

What I mean by access is plug in into the PC using the USB interface to see if the PC will discover it as an accessible drive.

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 23:50:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rayzwave - 54 mins ago  » 
    What I mean by access is plug in into the PC using the USB interface to see if the PC will discover it as an accessible drive.

But are you doing that using File Explorer or are you using the Disk management tools to look at the partition table?

| Fri 9 Feb 2024 0:45:55 #6 |
  7. prking

prking

Rayzwave - 7 hours ago  » 

The disk isn't in a format that Windows can see using File Explorer. You'll either need to use Linux or as Martin says, disk management tools.

| Fri 9 Feb 2024 7:47:20 #7 |
  8. Rayzwave

Rayzwave

So, what would I need to do to make sense of the HDD using disc management tools on a Windows machine or would an apple macOS be better?

| Fri 9 Feb 2024 9:22:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rayzwave - 6 hours ago  » 
    So, what would I need to do to make sense of the HDD using disc management tools on a Windows machine

On my Windows 11 computer > Right click on the Start button> Select Disk Management>
    Wait while it loads the information and then see if the USB attached hard drive shows up.

Alternatively you could download the free Crystal Diskinfo and look at the SMART data, it isn't easy to interpret but if you post the "Raw values" of attributes 05 (reallocated sector count), C5 (Current pending sector count) and C6 (uncorrectable sector count) I can give you an opinion on the health of the drive.

or would an apple macOS be better?

Possibly but I am afraid I have no experience with Apple kit.

| Fri 9 Feb 2024 15:53:42 #9 |
  10. Rayzwave

Rayzwave

I’m afraid that none of your ideas allowed me to get any useful info on the HDD status so I’m calling it. Thanks for your efforts.

If I replace the HDD will I be able to simply reformat it from the sys menu of the Humax box and be good to go?

| Fri 9 Feb 2024 21:53:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.