My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T Storage failure

(15 posts)
  1. Rayzwave

Rayzwave

I have now fitted a new HDD, the same make/model as the original and it shows in system storage as available. Unfortunately no programs are recording. At each recording time it shows as a failed recording at the program time. I have done a factory default and reformat although I have no idea if the hard drive has been suitably prepared for recording as there is very little system status information in this respect. Any bright ideas would be appreciated.

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 9:53:03 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rayzwave - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have done a factory default and reformat although I have no idea if the hard drive has been suitably prepared for recording as there is very little system status information in this respect.

You can reformat the drive from Settings>Storage

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 11:51:31 #12 |
  3. Rayzwave

Rayzwave

Martin Liddle - 33 mins ago  » 

Rayzwave - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have done a factory default and reformat although I have no idea if the hard drive has been suitably prepared for recording as there is very little system status information in this respect.

You can reformat the drive from Settings>Storage

Yes, I know what you can do from the box menus, I have tried everything that a normal user could do, I was hoping for help from someone who knows these boxes inside-out, hardware/software/diagnostic levels.

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 12:31:31 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rayzwave - 5 hours ago  » 
    Yes, I know what you can do from the box menus, I have tried everything that a normal user could do, I was hoping for help from someone who knows these boxes inside-out, hardware/software/diagnostic levels.

Sorry but I don't think that level of expertise exists in the user community for the FVP-4000T/FVP-5000T. There is a lot of knowledge about the earlier HDR-FOX T2, partly because it was possible to access the Linux operating system and develop custom firmware additions. There is a long thread over at hummy.tv on diagnosing a problem with the hard drive starting up which might give a few clues; see https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/start-up-fails-when-hdd-connected.10164/ The problem was traced to a small faulty capacitor and a fair number of people have reported success after replacing the specific capacitor. However it took a lot of time and knowledge to identify the problem.

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 18:41:44 #14 |
  5. Rayzwave

Rayzwave

Thanks Martin for your latest comment, that may give me the motivation to look more closely into the 5V power circuit on the FVP-4000T but I am seriously thinking about purchasing the Aura freeview Recorder when stock next becomes available.

| Mon 12 Feb 2024 19:21:18 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.