My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T Switches itself on randomly

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LinW13

Hello All,

The Scenario.
    I am not using the PVR and the little light is red.
    And I am not using or holding any remote control at the time.

Then the light goes blue.

I use the remote and switch the PVR off.
    After a short while the light goes blue again.

Software Version = UKTFAE 1.03.51
    Power On Timer = OFF
    Power Off Timer = OFF
    Automatic Power Down = ON (4 hours)
    Power Saving Mode = OFF

Anybody got a solution for this?

Regards Lin.

| Thu 12 Mar 2020 13:44:07 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cover up the ir receiver on the front of the box to rule out a rogue infra red source (stuck button another remote perhaps).

| Thu 12 Mar 2020 13:47:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

LinW13

Thanks Graham.

To be honest, I have enough hassle getting the 4000T to recognise ANY signal as the range of the receiver is amazingly narrow and insensitive.

But I will give it a go the next time it plays up.

| Thu 12 Mar 2020 14:35:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I had this problem about a year ago - but found that setting a power on timer for 15 minutes at say 9:00am fixed it. Having said that, I don't use that method any more and now have the FTP and SMB servers set to on and the media server on from 6:00 am till 12:00 midnight. No spurious blue light for months now.

| Fri 13 Mar 2020 8:50:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LinW13 - 20 hours ago  » 
    To be honest, I have enough hassle getting the 4000T to recognise ANY signal as the range of the receiver is amazingly narrow and insensitive.

Which model of remote control do you have: the RM-L03 or RM-L08? The RM-L08 is better but the early production batches were problematic.

| Fri 13 Mar 2020 11:30:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

LinW13

Hiya Guys and thanks for your responses.

GrahamRHK - Sounds counter-intuitive, but worth a try. I will look up FTP and SMB as I do not have a scooby what they mean.

Martin - Problematic puts it mildly. To preserve my sanity, I got rid of my RM-L08 long ago. I currently use a RMC 3056 purchased off of Ebay. Though I do have a Harmony 300 still in its box if I fancy setting it up.

My old Sony is so easy to use - reliable and no flaky software. The only benefit to the Humax is that I can record 3 things at the same time. Apart from that, it has so many eccentric quirks. And I am rapidly running out of patience. Does Humax really expect to stay in business when they churn out such incompetent kit? I think not.

Rant over. Regards from a fed up oldie.

| Fri 13 Mar 2020 12:14:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I've had something very similar a couple of times with my 5000t. I'd put it into standby and the light would go red but then it's turn blue again after a while because it'd woken itself up. On the two occasions this has happened to me I've put the box into standby and then pulled the plug, left it a few minutes, plugged it back in and then it's worked fine again. Hope that simple fix will work for you too.

| Fri 13 Mar 2020 12:25:49 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

LinW13 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hiya Guys and thanks for your responses.
    GrahamRHK - Sounds counter-intuitive, but worth a try. I will look up FTP and SMB as I do not have a scooby what they mean.
    Martin - Problematic puts it mildly. To preserve my sanity, I got rid of my RM-L08 long ago. I currently use a RMC 3056 purchased off of Ebay. Though I do have a Harmony 300 still in its box if I fancy setting it up.
    My old Sony is so easy to use - reliable and no flaky software. The only benefit to the Humax is that I can record 3 things at the same time. Apart from that, it has so many eccentric quirks. And I am rapidly running out of patience. Does Humax really expect to stay in business when they churn out such incompetent kit? I think not.
    Rant over. Regards from a fed up oldie.

Although my Harmony remote is supposed to support the multiple rf channels. I found that turning off other Humax kit using a different ir mode caused my 5000T caused it to boot up. Reverting to using original remotes has eliminated the issue. You can actually record any 4 from the HD mux and even record the 5th if you set a watch recording reservation. This ensures the 5th programme start is in the timeshift buffer. Once the TV switches to the 5th from the watch reservation. Just press the instant record button.

| Fri 13 Mar 2020 13:28:49 #8 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

Has the 5000 got a 'remote app'? If so, I believe that it starts up the box every 20 mins or so to check for new commands. But I am probably getting mixed up with a different box.

| Fri 13 Mar 2020 15:01:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Has the 5000 got a 'remote app'? If so, I believe that it starts up the box every 20 mins or so to check for new commands. But I am probably getting mixed up with a different box.

You are correct - sort of... The HUMAX TV app allows you to schedule recordings remotely via the HUMAX TV portal - you have to set up the remote recording capability on the FVP too, choosing a suitable update interval 20, 30 or 50 minutes as I recall. The FVP wakes up according to that update interval and checks the HUMAX portal to see if the schedule has been updated remotely. It also synchronises the FVP recording schedule status with the portal so that one can check that series recordings have updated. However this does not cause the blue light to come on (i.e. the box does not come out of standby). It happens "under the covers" and the user is unaware. However, it wakes for network activity and the hard drive turns on - for about 3 minutes for recording schedule synchronisation to take place.

| Sat 14 Mar 2020 9:33:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.