My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T Switches itself on randomly

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zantium

Just adding myself to this issue as it drives me nuts.

Mine has done this since I bought the fvp-4000t (along with other glitchy behaviors). Covering the IR sensor didn't work for me, I concluded it was something to do with the CEC protocol over the HDMI connection even though it's turned off on both ends. It's definitely more of an issue when I'm watching youtube or netflix on the TV.

If there was an option to stop it automatically buffering to the hard drive, it might not be as noticeable or problematic.

As it happens, I've come here today to see if the Humax BT youview+ boxes are as buggy as the freeview one as it's steering my decision on choosing their broadband and TV.

Just for reference, the TV is a Vestel made/Toshiba branded model which in itself is very buggy so I wouldn't put it past it to still be sending CEC commands even though it's set not too.

| Thu 26 Mar 2020 11:55:00 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Zantium - 46 mins ago  » 
    Just adding myself to this issue as it drives me nuts.
    Mine has done this since I bought the fvp-4000t (along with other glitchy behaviors). Covering the IR sensor didn't work for me, I concluded it was something to do with the CEC protocol over the HDMI connection even though it's turned off on both ends. It's definitely more of an issue when I'm watching youtube or netflix on the TV.
    If there was an option to stop it automatically buffering to the hard drive, it might not be as noticeable or problematic.
    As it happens, I've come here today to see if the Humax BT youview+ boxes are as buggy as the freeview one as it's steering my decision on choosing their broadband and TV.
    Just for reference, the TV is a Vestel made/Toshiba branded model which in itself is very buggy so I wouldn't put it past it to still be sending CEC commands even though it's set not too.

Disable pin 13 on the HDMI cable. (Pin 13 carries the CEC data) by plugging this adaptor to either end of the cable.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female-Black/dp/B00DL48KVI/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?dchild=1&tag=blusas008-21&keywords=cec+removal+adaptor&qid=1585222981&sr=8-2-fkmr0

| Thu 26 Mar 2020 12:43:30 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zantium

Aww, thanks Graham I'll give one of those a try.

| Thu 26 Mar 2020 13:13:31 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Zantium - 1 hour ago  » 
    Aww, thanks Graham I'll give one of those a try.

You are welcome. It's a common problem when the kit at either end isn't made by the same manufacturer. The CEC spec is so loosely specified and flawed especially in respect of power control. Hopefully it will resolve the issue.

| Thu 26 Mar 2020 14:27:48 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zantium

Just wanted to follow up and say this fixed the issue for me so thanks again.

All I need to do now is sort the EPG and it might finally be a usable piece of kit.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 17:00:43 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Zantium - 46 mins ago  » 
    Just wanted to follow up and say this fixed the issue for me so thanks again.
    All I need to do now is sort the EPG and it might finally be a usable piece of kit.

Epg problems are often down to the box tuning to more than 1 transmitter when using auto tune. Check if you have some channels that are duplicates with channel numbers in the 800's. Often an issue when you are located on high ground that offers line of sight to other transmitters.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 17:49:35 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zantium

Thanks Graham, I've just resolved this now and said thanks in another thread on manually re-tuning that you were part of. Fingers crossed, it's all working as originally intended now going forward.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 19:55:54 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Zantium - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks Graham, I've just resolved this now and said thanks in another thread on manually re-tuning that you were part of. Fingers crossed, it's all working as originally intended now going forward.

Excellent news. Though the UI is not exactly superfast, it does however in my experience record multiple channels reliably especially if you stick to the main PSB HD mux.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 21:39:44 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.