My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T won't tune into correct HD channels

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

richlatham

I was checking signal strength on my PVR and I noticed that it was tuned into BBC1 HD on channel 40. This is the channel from Sutton Coldfield whereas I am pointing at Waltham where I should be picking up channel 58.

When I set it up, I chose "East Midlands" and have got BBC1 SD for East Midlands. I've tried tuning in manually to channel 58, but no channels are found. I've even tried resetting the box and doing a manual tune, but nothing is found on 58.

My TV is tuned into channel 58, so I don't think it's the aerial. We do get a strong signal from Sutton Coldfield even though the aerial points in a different direction.

Any idea why channel 58 is missing?

| Sat 7 Nov 2015 17:08:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

richlatham

Does anyone have any ideas?

| Tue 17 Nov 2015 21:56:45 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

richlatham - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Does anyone have any ideas?

You need to manually tune the box as per this thread.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/4000t-some-but-not-all-recordings-corrupted

| Tue 17 Nov 2015 22:03:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

richlatham

Thanks Graham. Your tip resolved my problem. I didn't realise that I had to set it to "DVB-T2" for HD channels.

I suspect that when doing an auto-tune, that even though I selected "East Midlands", the device didn't know that the HD channels I wanted were from the East Mids so just stored the first ones it found (on ch40, as compared to ch58).

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 21:37:11 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

richlatham - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. Your tip resolved my problem. I didn't realise that I had to set it to "DVB-T2" for HD channels.
    I suspect that when doing an auto-tune, that even though I selected "East Midlands", the device didn't know that the HD channels I wanted were from the East Mids so just stored the first ones it found (on ch40, as compared to ch58).

Thanks for posting, it will be helpful to others,

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 23:44:15 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.