My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000 'Freeze' problem

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Smart Alec

Hi,
    Has anyone else got this problem: we've got three FVP 5000T machines, one in each of three rooms. A few weeks ago, they all started playing up: if you don't set them to record anything, they're fine - watch TV channels, YouTube, BBC i-Player, etc. If you set them to record anything, they'll do so, and then freeze, with the red and blue lights on at the same time, and they go unresponsive to the handsets and buttons on the top-front of the machines. The only solution is to carry out a power-down/up reset, after which the machines become responsive to the handsets again, you can watch what you've recorded, and so on, until the next time they record a programme.... when they freeze. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

| Thu 25 Aug 2022 18:11:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Sorry, I cannot offer any real suggestions. However, I have not seen any similar reports and (fingers firmly crossed!) my one 5000T has not shown those symptoms.

What is odd is that you have the same thing with three different boxes, which makes me wonder if it might have anything to do with your Internet arrangements which is a common factor to them all, though I have no idea what.

| Thu 25 Aug 2022 18:46:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

i don't remember seeing red and blue lights both on at the same time. I'm sure one model (2000T?) has a purple light (red+blue) when there is a software update taking place. Not sure this is the same for the 5000T. In any case, there is no recent new software for this model. If your Humaxes are networked, it might be worth disconnecting one from the network and see if it behaves differently.

| Thu 25 Aug 2022 20:13:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Red and blue (making purple) is the normal "recording" indicator for the 5000T. Mind you, on mine the blue is now so faint it is barely visible,

| Thu 25 Aug 2022 20:23:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

A1944 - 13 hours ago  » 
    Red and blue (making purple) is the normal "recording" indicator for the 5000T. Mind you, on mine the blue is now so faint it is barely visible,

I was going to say "not on mine", but then I read your reply properly. i can't tell whether the record light has any blue in it. Like you, the blue has faded to a point where it is difficult to tell if the 5000T is switched on. Not helped by the odd positioning of the lights. I can't remember what colour record was when the 5000T was new. I think you may be right. That doesn't help solve Smart Alec's strange problem!

| Fri 26 Aug 2022 10:28:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Smart Alec

Thanks to all those who have responded so far.
    Regarding red and blue lights on at the same time: yes, that's 'normal' record indication.
    The point is that the dual-colour illumination continues after a machine should have entered standby (red only) following a scheduled recording. It will stay like that for hours, HDD whirring away, until I carry out a power-down/up reset routine (say, the following morning), when it will then behave itself until it records another programme, after which it will freeze and the power cycle reset has to be repeated.
    If I don't record anything after a power-down/up reset a machine then behaves normally, and doesn't freeze.
    The real baffler is this: all three machines misbehave in the same way. Very odd...

| Fri 26 Aug 2022 10:41:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Smart Alec - 16 hours ago  » 
    A few weeks ago, they all started playing up: if you don't set them to record anything, they're fine - watch TV channels, YouTube, BBC i-Player, etc. If you set them to record anything, they'll do so, and then freeze, with the red and blue lights on at the same time, and they go unresponsive to the handsets and buttons on the top-front of the machines. The only solution is to carry out a power-down/up reset, after which the machines become responsive to the handsets again, you can watch what you've recorded, and so on, until the next time they record a programme.... when they freeze. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The fact that the problem started at the same time on all three boxes suggests to me there is a common cause but it is hard to understand what it is. What happens if you have two of the machines powered down and make a recording on the third one (note this is intended as a solution but an experiment to try and better understand the problem)?

| Fri 26 Aug 2022 10:42:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

alabet

I have an issue similar. When the recorder is alraeady recording a program but we decide to watch the recording from the beginning when the program 'finishes' the timer shuts down and we dont get to see the end. We had a fox T2 which we sometimes did the same but it ran to the end of the program unlike the new box!

Also is there any plans to allow remote recording via the internet at any time?

| Sun 28 Aug 2022 14:03:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

alabet - 57 mins ago  » 
    I have an issue similar.

Not in the least bit similar in my opinion.

When the recorder is already recording a program but we decide to watch the recording from the beginning when the program 'finishes' the timer shuts down and we dont get to see the end.

The live content shuts down but the recording will have the ending and usually when you play the recording, selecting "Continue watching" will jump to the correct point in the recording.

Also is there any plans to allow remote recording via the internet at any time?

See this FAQ https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-recording

| Sun 28 Aug 2022 15:07:38 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.