My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hulme

We have three of these boxes, and two TV aerials. Maybe as should be expected we get slightly differing result. My questions are:-
    The box seems to store both welsh and English recordings when I only want the English broadcast. This does result in the no of programs I can record being at times an issue.Can I do anything about this?
    The program numbers differ when trying to relate these to the TV Times schedules.and also differs between boxes again can I do something about this?
    Thank You

| Sun 14 Mar 2021 13:17:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hulme - 8 mins ago  » 
    We have three of these boxes, and two TV aerials. Maybe as should be expected we get slightly differing result. My questions are:-
    The box seems to store both welsh and English recordings when I only want the English broadcast. This does result in the no of programs I can record being at times an issue.Can I do anything about this?
    The program numbers differ when trying to relate these to the TV Times schedules.and also differs between boxes again can I do something about this?
    Thank You

Manual tune both boxes to the same transmitter or split a single feed to feed both boxes.. Guesssing you have two aerial pointing at two transmitters

| Sun 14 Mar 2021 13:27:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hulme

Thanks for that, two boxes are off 1 aerial and one of the boxes of the other. But to be truthful even though when first tuning it asks for you to chose regions which we do, all tend to want to include for both transmitters.

Can I also ask please about the reason for different channel numbers being shown for the different boxes.

Also is there any reason why Barry Senior Admin should say my thread has been closed, I've only just opened it??

| Sun 14 Mar 2021 16:49:13 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hulme - 6 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for that, two boxes are off 1 aerial and one of the boxes of the other. But to be truthful even though when first tuning it asks for you to chose regions which we do, all tend to want to include for both transmitters.
    Can I also ask please about the reason for different channel numbers being shown for the different boxes.
    Also is there any reason why Barry Senior Admin should say my thread has been closed, I've only just opened it??

That's because you started more than one thread asking the same question. That can lead to all sorts of confusion.

The accurate recording system does not work properly if a box has channels for more than one transmitter. At least for each box you need to select one and start again using manual tune to ensure you only use one transmitter. If you do the same then both may work OK. It seems likely you are on a regional boundary and some local channels may have different channel numbers.

You may be able to view the other box recordings on the other and vice versa. Never had two FVP-5000T's to check this out. You can do this with two HDR-FOX-T2 boxes.

First you need to ascertain which transmitters are likely to be involved.

Find a public building near to you and post it's postcode.

| Sun 14 Mar 2021 17:04:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Hulme - 3 hours ago  » 
    The box seems to store both welsh and English recordings when I only want the English broadcast.

Manual tuning using the instructions at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-instructions-1 should resolve your problems.

| Sun 14 Mar 2021 17:09:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hulme

Thanks Martin, it says you can now re schedule your recordings, I don't stand a chance of loosing these do I? I'd be in somebody's bad books if I lost these!

| Sun 14 Mar 2021 17:23:04 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hulme - 28 mins ago  » 
    Thanks Martin, it says you can now re schedule your recordings, I don't stand a chance of loosing these do I? I'd be in somebody's bad books if I lost these!

You won't lose existing recordings. But will have to rebuild the recording schedules.

| Sun 14 Mar 2021 17:53:26 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.