My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T / 4000T

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

micmac

Now the 5000 has been around for a while can anyone confirm what the actual hardware differences are? I'm suspicious by nature so I'm thinking that Humax have decided that they can renumber the box, change the outside skin and then stop applying software updates to the old one (it being 2 years old - ancient by modern standards) in the same way phone manufacturers do to encourage folk to buy the new box. Although at least phone manufacturers upgrade the hardware with each release. Humax appear to be releasing new hardware with little hardware development effort and reaping the rewards of new reviews, marketing and sales. That said the software really is not improving by the leaps and bounds that we all would have hoped for, so maybe it's not such an issue...

| Thu 4 Jan 2018 9:48:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hardware differences appear to be minimal. The early pre-production ones at least have a motherboard labelled FVP4000T. Barry posted a photo of the internals here:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-fvp-5000t-1/page/8#post-61234

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-fvp-5000t-1/page/8#post-61239

I don't know if anyone has looked inside a later one.

| Thu 4 Jan 2018 11:08:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I worked in board production for 6 years and it's common practice in the industry to carry over stock of an existing M/B with changes to the component set. So it could be that the complete M/B is exactly the same or there have been changes to the components. Difficult to tell simply from the label on the M/B

| Thu 4 Jan 2018 11:29:20 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.