My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T after a few months

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

IanG62

I have now used my FVP-5000T for about two months and thought I’d post my issues and annoyances for hopefully Humax to take note of, some have already been logged as an issue, some have already been mentioned before by others but here goes.

Issues

- Recordings view will not swap and stay on Grid, always reverts to list view (logged)
    - At switch on from standby, it takes at least four remote button presses to respond

Annoyances

- New recordings Grid view is too small at 4 wide, not able to see enough title, previously at 3 wide is was OK
    - When recordings of a series are viewed the oldest should be shown first, not the newest.
    - When recordings of a series are scrolled down (L/H column) the R/H pane should auto follow the L/H, not have to OK to view

Anyone else any views on these or others ?

| Wed 24 Jan 2018 21:32:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Month and a half user here. I would like to think we could try and get a list together and it eventually goes to Humax.

Agree on the recording grid view, series behaviour and the recordings scrolling. Another one that was mentioned the other day is the delete prompt defaulting to yes.

Guide could do with a revamp, again there is the wasted space mentioned previously that would be better off showing at least a line of info. Related to that the move up/down button shouldn’t change the whole page.

The large programme icons used in various screens - are they all necessary when most are these generic pictures. They slow certain aspects down meaning scrolling through the channels via the banner seeing what’s on is painful. Plus why not list next as well as now? There are three formats of what’s on now (ok, channel list, channel name/prog top right) but none say the next programme other than the full guide or until you press right from the ok banner.

The old chestnut of skip button access on recorded material versus paused/delayed TV.

Occasional picture stutter even though signal 77% and 100% quality. Never observed on recordings.

All that said I like the way on demand works, freeview play scroll back guide works well. I haven’t had any issues other than the channel logos (still a problem) with that aspect of the box.

Recording also works, only had one proper failure and that was me unplugging it. Chattering hard drive is there but I’ve become a bit accustomed to it.

| Wed 24 Jan 2018 22:36:28 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.