My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T Humax make use of indicator lights..

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kenjohn

If you move forward Humax box on its shelf until coloured indicator lights shine downwards on to next lower shelf,where you have placed a small mirror.You can see when standing up the state of readyness of the box.
    If you raise the back edge of the mirror ( the amount to raise done by trial and error),you can see from your armchair if box in stand by mode or switched on,It is suprising when switching on box from complete cold start how long it takes and how many presses of button it takes,to get it ready to use.
    why they shine downwards and not forwards in the first place is a Humax design thing.
    There seems to be 2 colours red and blue the red is on when power going into box and blue when recording and playing the purple is a mix of the 2 colours.

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 9:13:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I have my box on a glass shelf and a DVD player underneath, I have positioned it so that the lights shine on the DVD player so I get a bright coloured strip of colour- it works really well.
    I agree that red is when the box is in standby but for me it's blue when the box is on (so anything other than standby) and then both lights (blue and red) when recording.

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 12:24:21 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have my box on a glass shelf and a DVD player underneath, I have positioned it so that the lights shine on the DVD player so I get a bright coloured strip of colour- it works really well.
    I agree that red is when the box is in standby but for me it's blue when the box is on (so anything other than standby) and then both lights (blue and red) when recording.

Unfortunately it's also red when recording in sby. If you try and put the box in sby while recording only way to tell it's gone into sby is look at the output on a TV.

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 13:47:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

On my box when it's recording and I put it to standby it's still red and blue but I thought when it was in standby (when nothing was recording to start with) it went red, and then later when it started recording it'd go to blue and red. I might have to do some experiments

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:30:05 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 35 minutes ago  » 
    On my box when it's recording and I put it to standby it's still red and blue but I thought when it was in standby (when nothing was recording to start with) it went red, and then later when it started recording it'd go to blue and red. I might have to do some experiments

Mine is definately red. While recording boot the box and view the output on the TV. Press the sby button and the output to the TV should disapear. On my box the led changes back to red even though it's still recording in sby.

The older boxes have a display with a recording icon that lights when recording in sby and displays the current channel so it's clear what the box is actually doing when in sby.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 12:10:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I'm watching the box and recording at the same time. I turn the box into standby and the colours are still showing blue and red until that recording finishes. When I put my box to standby the TV screen goes black so I know the box has turned off.

When you say older boxes do you mean 4000 or even older say the 9300? Or are there different generations of 5000t which are different?

P.s. We are talking about the standby button being the big one top right of the remote, aren't we? Just in case I'm talking about something incorrectly.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 12:27:09 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 36 minutes ago  » 
    I'm watching the box and recording at the same time. I turn the box into standby and the colours are still showing blue and red until that recording finishes. When I put my box to standby the TV screen goes black so I know the box has turned off.
    When you say older boxes do you mean 4000 or even older say the 9300? Or are there different generations of 5000t which are different?
    P.s. We are talking about the standby button being the big one top right of the remote, aren't we? Just in case I'm talking about something incorrectly.

By older boxes I mean the pre FVP series boxes. Strange they behave differently. Yes I mean top right. My 5000T is in sby and recording caught red handed now (BBC1-HD) and lED is red.

Try setting a recording for say 30 mins away and put the box in sby. What colour is the LED after the recording should have started ?

I will check software version version in a bit when finished viewing a HDR-1000S recording.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 13:10:07 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Software updated a few days ago to

System Info

UKTFAE 1.03.47
    System ID 9010.7D44
    Software Build date 22 NOV 2018.

Suspect above may have changed the way the led works,

Box is due to next record from sby at 13:15. I will watch to see if the recording is now indicated while in sby.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 13:33:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

My status LED shows in the same way as Christina.

Red - standby
    Red and blue - recording
    Blue - on

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 20:40:40 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AJ - 6 minutes ago  » 
    My status LED shows in the same way as Christina.
    Red - standby
    Red and blue - recording
    Blue - on

What colour is it when it's recording in sby for anyone that does not yet have the new software ?

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 20:48:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.