My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T Humax make use of indicator lights..

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I am on software 1.03.47 (22nd November 2018) not sure if that's the new software or the old? I got my box in September so it must be new I guess but I can't say when it updated.
    I did a test yesterday afternoon, put the box in standby 30 minutes before a programme was due to record, red light showing. I heard the box 'wake up' to find the recording about 20 minutes before the programme start time (still red light showing). Then at 4pm when the recording started the lights changed to blue and red. This is what it's done since I got it in September to my knowledge.

| Thu 17 Jan 2019 10:01:04 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

steveq

Mine shows red and blue when recording in standby.

| Thu 17 Jan 2019 10:42:10 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

steveq - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Mine shows red and blue when recording in standby.

Mine does now, pretty sure it didn't before the latest software update.

| Thu 17 Jan 2019 11:19:34 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I have three FVP models for various reasons at the moment am puzzled by the power light question Two are FVP4000 and one an FVP5000. the thing that puzzles me is one 4000 and the 5000 both have no lights at the front, but one of the 4000 models has a very bright light on the front that is red when off and blue when switched on the two without lighhts do have the LED shining from underneath, very difficult to see and I have used a spare I/R cable to plug in to the optical output at the back and taped it onto the underside so it is visible from where I sit. I just thought the LEDs on the front of the two without lights on the front were faulty , but from the posts above it seems it is normal, but in that case what is the explanation for the 4000 that is lit like a xmas tree.
    Has Humax seen sense and updated it with an LED on the front the two lightless ones do have the little window that the LEDs on the one with the light shine through, but I am not willing to break the seals to see if there is an LED behind the panels
    Just posting this in case I am not alone in being puzzled by the lack of visible indication, as to when it is off or on, I have seen the comments about mirrors etc, but that is an odd way to indicate anything I am fed up getting up in the morning and finding it has been on all night after the somewhat unreliable remote failing to switch it off
    Boyd (mactoshb)

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 17:05:14 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Incidentally, Forgot to mention, the 5000 without lights just arrived and it updated the software during setup and the lightless 4000 also was updated last week. so I don't think a software update is the answer the software is UKTFAE 1.03.52 on all three
    Boyd

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 17:11:47 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.