My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T Internal Hard Disk problem

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TW8

JW.LEES - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi, I have the FVP-5000T 1TB model with a similar fault, ..[snip].. I would appreciate your advice please before I use it as a Frisbee.

Is it still under guarentee? I think the 5000T has a 2 year manufacturer warranty???

First big if : Do you have means to connect the PVR HDD to a PC or raspberry Pi running a Linux based operating system? The internal hard disk is formatted EXT4 (or EXT3) and Windows won't read that natively (I don't think?). If yes, I'd be looking to see if I could extract some recordings from the HDD and put them on a USB flash drive just to see if the PVR will play them. If I could play files this way but not while the drive was inside the PVR, I'd assume the 5000T to be end of life.

Second big if : Do you happen to have a spare SATA drive hanging around? If so, swap it in the PVR and see if you can format it.

One thing I wouldn't do is buy a HDD specially unless I knew first for certain that the original was duff.

If you can't do any of the above, then did you see the option to do a "Reset All Settings and format HDD"?
    Freeview play / Settings / System settings / Factory Default.
    It didn't help anything for me though as this machine can't see the internal drive at all.

Final thought : if you are going to use the 5000T as a frisbee, it might go further without its internal hard disk?

Best of luck.

| Mon 10 Oct 2022 13:44:08 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

michfosb

Identical issue on my FVP-4000T.

I have a USB caddy for SATA drives and plugged the HDD in... There as a useful bit of freeware named 'AOMEI Partition Assistant', which lets you check the drive from a windows PC... The drive was fine and the issue is with the PVR. I confirmed this with a new disk... Menu functions for these disks aren't accessible and I can't even hear the disks spinning.

Under warranty, Humax offered a replacement when this occurred, there is an item on the motherboard that is likely to have fried... I read on another forum this is usually a particular resistor.... Does anyone on this forum know which component Humax were replacing on these returned devices?

| Fri 2 Dec 2022 19:24:43 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.