My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

fvp 5000t. it ain't that bad.

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Now my old reliable Digital Stream gave up the ghost at the weekend. After a quick look I went for the latest Humax to replace it. Now I could have gone for a cheaper PVR but some of the features looked good and I knew some might not be of interest or use. Now I didn't have an older Humax and if I did some of the things on the 5000t might be annoying. But...to me is it slow?..no. The guide is reasonable quick, channel changing is reasonably quick. There is no front display panel but i'll get used to it. It can't create folders and move stuff into them but again I'll get used to it. It's got more tuners so I shouldn't get clashes. So overall I think its pretty decent pvr. As long as it doesn't miss a recording!If Humax support their products like Digital Stream did with new updates/features then I think I'll be happy.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 13:27:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marius

john1!

You're on mate.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 15:22:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Yes I'm on what ?

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 16:18:10 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

boogersa - 2 hours ago  » 
    Now my old reliable Digital Stream gave up the ghost at the weekend. After a quick look I went for the latest Humax to replace it. Now I could have gone for a cheaper PVR but some of the features looked good and I knew some might not be of interest or use. Now I didn't have an older Humax and if I did some of the things on the 5000t might be annoying. But...to me is it slow?..no. The guide is reasonable quick, channel changing is reasonably quick. There is no front display panel but i'll get used to it. It can't create folders and move stuff into them but again I'll get used to it. It's got more tuners so I shouldn't get clashes. So overall I think its pretty decent pvr. As long as it doesn't miss a recording!If Humax support their products like Digital Stream did with new updates/features then I think I'll be happy.

Welcome to our Forum

Thank you for your opinion, makes a change to see some positive comments.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 16:23:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Fair comment Barry, but some of us do have some very odd things happening with the 5000T which need to be considered.

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 0:15:37 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.