My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000t keeps losing channels

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,
    I sometimes get the following problem with my FVP 5000T box find that the box will just lose channels without any warning, and I have no idea the box has done this, this problem does not happen all the time, the box will be running fine and this problem just happens.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Matthew

| Sun 5 Apr 2020 22:46:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 1 hour ago  » 
    I sometimes get the following problem with my FVP 5000T box find that the box will just lose channels without any warning, and I have no idea the box has done this, this problem does not happen all the time, the box will be running fine and this problem just happens.

Please could you tell us which channels are missing?

| Sun 5 Apr 2020 23:54:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

The channel that when missing was Talking pictures channel, but after I did a re-tune the channel cane back.
    But don;t know when the problem will come back, it just happens.
    thanks
    matthew

| Mon 6 Apr 2020 7:06:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 3 hours ago  » 
    The channel that when missing was Talking pictures channel, but after I did a re-tune the channel cane back.

Talking Pictures is carried on the ARQ B multiplex; did other channels on ARQ B disappear at the same time eg LCN 25 Yesterday or 29 4Music?

| Mon 6 Apr 2020 10:10:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

When you say "lose channels" do you mean that the channel was no longer listed in your epg or do you mean that when you select it, you were given a message to say not available or no signal?

| Mon 6 Apr 2020 10:20:22 #5 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

Probably not in his EPG if he has retuned.
    When you lose channels, DO NOT RETUNE as all this will achieve is to remove the channels from the box's tuning database and it will require another retune to restore them.
    Your missing channel has been identified as on the ARQ B multiplex which is generally a lower powered multiplex to the main 6, and sometimes even outside the normal band of the aerial.
    The problem is either an insufficient aerial/dodgy connections OR (most likely if they have been OK) atmospheric 'lift' conditions causing interference on the weaker channels.

DO NOT RETUNE, the channels will just come back when conditions improve.
    That is unless you want to spend time/money improving your signal strength on the two lower power mpx's.

| Mon 6 Apr 2020 11:13:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trev - 14 mins ago  » 
    Your missing channel has been identified as on the ARQ B multiplex which is generally a lower powered multiplex to the main 6, and sometimes even outside the normal band of the aerial.

Surely ARQ B is one of the main six?

| Mon 6 Apr 2020 11:29:15 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 11 mins ago  » 

Trev - 14 mins ago  » 

Surely ARQ B is one of the main six?

Same power as all the others on Lark Stoke and Sutton Coldfield.

| Mon 6 Apr 2020 11:42:23 #8 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

OOPs. The 'do not retune' statement is still valid though which was my main cut and thrust.
    I frequently lose a multiples or two due to CCI from the continent during minor lift conditions. I also have made the mistake of retuning whilst they were down (but that was a long time ago).

| Mon 6 Apr 2020 16:46:47 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.