My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T - Missing programme start times

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gramps

Thank you

Quality and Strength for Tuner 1 are both showing at 100%

I do not understand your second comment re: CH54, I do not see that on the same screen and don't know where else I should be looking.

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 18:08:20 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gramps - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thank you
    Quality and Strength for Tuner 1 are both showing at 100%
    I do not understand your second comment re: CH54, I do not see that on the same screen and don't know where else I should be looking.

At the top of the signal test screen alongside the Words Tuner 1 are the details of the Multiplex that you are using to watch ITV 1. The first info is the UHF carrier channel number CHxx followed by other details like the carrier frequency in kHz. It's just above the bar graphs.

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 18:12:30 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Photo

Attachments

1. MuxDetails.jpg (71 KB, 4 downloads) 6 years old
    | Mon 18 Dec 2017 18:21:01 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

gramps

Should've gone to Specsavers!

It reads, CH54, 738000 kHz, 8mHz, 8K, 1/32

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 18:45:41 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gramps - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Should've gone to Specsavers!
    It reads, CH54, 738000 kHz, 8mHz, 8K, 1/32

That confirms you are on Mendip. I record a lot of ITV (but from the HD variant) using a FVP-5000T. Not had a single issue with curtailed recordings. As you can see my 3 uses CH54 (Lark Stoke).

Make absolutely sure you have start and end times set to Auto. Try recording from 103.

It's not uncommon for Mendip users to pick up channels from Moely Parc.

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 19:00:46 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gramps

Thank you

I did have Start & End Times set to Auto but the issue occurred with that setting. Last night I changed the setting to start 3 mins before the scheduled time and 3 mins after the scheduled time. That saved the day for SWMBO as she was able to get the whole programme from this afternoon but I was surprised it was necessary.

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 19:11:37 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gramps - 40 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you
    I did have Start & End Times set to Auto but the issue occurred with that setting. Last night I changed the setting to start 3 mins before the scheduled time and 3 mins after the scheduled time. That saved the day for SWMBO as she was able to get the whole programme from this afternoon but I was surprised it was necessary.

It shouldn't be necessary. Padding can introduce problems of it's own. What were you recording ?

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 19:52:55 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

gramps

SWMBO likes Tipping Point

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 20:16:36 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gramps - 1 hour ago  » 
    SWMBO likes Tipping Point

I have recorded Tipping Point from the ITV-HD channel for weeks.

Apart from sometimes getting a broken recording icon that if you play the recording for a few seconds is cleared. Never lost any of the programme content. I did have a close look at this using a HDR-FOX-T2.

The broken recording icon seems to be generated by around 50 frames of black video (2 seconds) in the actual broadcast stream. None of the actual broadcast was ever lost.

I will set up a recording on the SD channel, would be surprised if the result is any different. I have to ask why you have a HD box and are recording the inferior SD channel in the first place ?

I do know the HDR-FOX-T2 (Freeview+) and the HDR-1000S (Freesat+) and the FVP-5000t start recording at pretty much the same time. This indicates there's nothing wrong with the accurate recording times.

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 22:11:57 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

gramps

Our experience with HD has been variable, so much so that I recently fitted a signal amplifier, which has significantly improved the situation but not completely eliminated the problem.
    For this reason, when recording a programme we use SD rather than risk a bad recording ... if we see noticeable reliability in live HD viewing we will probably try it again.
    Of course the signal issue could be down to co-ax connections, cable or aerial (which isn't terribly old) and I will investigate these options, (though they aren't the cause of the start time issue).
    I cannot comment on your 100% reliability of recording times, I can only reiterate that our experience has been a repeated failure in start times.

| Mon 18 Dec 2017 22:43:41 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.