My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T Picture Problem

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chirper

Wonder when u are back you can help advise on a brand new Humax 5000 purchased last week. For starters it seemed weird it already had recordings on the hard drive but we’ve noticed that on certain occasions when you click on settings the user interface suddenly disappears... you can only just see the settings options, when you exit the guide and all menus are only just about visible... when you reboot it fixes the issue... so we did a manufactures reset and then clicked back on settings and the same thing happened... please advise..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

| Thu 25 Jan 2018 21:50:17 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

aciddad - 2 months ago  » 
    I suspect the OP is referring to the slightly darkened areas that on-screen text is placed in.
    David.

I concur with 99.9999% certainty that you are correct.
    Whenever a channel change, volume change or any access is made to settings etc, the box will show the relevant icon on a graduated overlay. This is more or less noticeable depending on the background image at the time.
    What amazes me is that the OP nor the store that exchanged the unit were able to recognize or make such a simple correlation between the action and the observed effect!

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 13:21:55 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Chirper - 15 hours ago  » 
    Wonder when u are back you can help advise on a brand new Humax 5000 purchased last week. For starters it seemed weird it already had recordings on the hard drive but we’ve noticed that on certain occasions when you click on settings the user interface suddenly disappears... you can only just see the settings options, when you exit the guide and all menus are only just about visible... when you reboot it fixes the issue... so we did a manufactures reset and then clicked back on settings and the same thing happened... please advise..

Quite clearly you have been supplied with either a pre-owned unit or a new unit that contains a hdd from a returned defective machine, that has not been correctly reformatted. Simple.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 13:26:56 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barbarian200

SSThing - 8 hours ago  » 

aciddad - 2 months ago  » 
    I suspect the OP is referring to the slightly darkened areas that on-screen text is placed in.
    David.

I concur with 99.9999% certainty that you are correct.
    Whenever a channel change, volume change or any access is made to settings etc, the box will show the relevant icon on a graduated overlay. This is more or less noticeable depending on the background image at the time.
    What amazes me is that the OP nor the store that exchanged the unit were able to recognize or make such a simple correlation between the action and the observed effect!

Not sure what you mean by this, but I take it you were being patronising or sarcastic, either way you have made yourself look like an idiot.

There was definitely an error with the two boxes I tried. There should not not be wavy lines across a large part of my tv screen when using a Human box. This maybe acceptable to you, but not to me.

Both boxes were returned.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 22:01:33 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 21 hours ago  » 

Chirper - 15 hours ago  » 

Quite clearly you have been supplied with either a pre-owned unit or a new unit that contains a hdd from a returned defective machine, that has not been correctly reformatted. Simple.

Can't possibly be a HDD from another machine. If it was from another machine it's recordings would not be usable. They are encrypted with a key unique to the machine that recorded the content.

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 10:54:46 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.