My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T power goes off without any warning.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,
    I have a FVP 5000T box, have the following issue with the box find that sometimes the power goes off without any warning, the only way I know this has happen when I try to switch the box on and nothing happens, so I turn it off at the mains switch back on and the issue has gone, till the next time, there is no set pattern, the issue just happens.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

| Sun 7 May 2023 20:23:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Are you sure that you are not being confused by the fact that if you switch the box on while it is recording, you will see little, or no, change in the LEDs?

When it is recording, the LEDs on my 5000T show red even though theoretically purple. If it was off when the recording started, the LEDs do not noticeably change on pressing the power button on the remote, suggesting it has not switched on when in fact it has.

| Mon 8 May 2023 0:18:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

This might be two separate problems.

If I remember correctly, by default the 5000T automatically goes into standby after 4 hours if you don't press any keys on the remote (or the top of the box). If you don't want this goto menu/settings/system settings/power management and set automatic power down to off.

If your 5000T is anything like mine it crashes (when in standby) almost daily. The Humax fails to respond to the remote in a timely way. Eventually it goes through the boot procedure and turns itself off again. At some point no LEDs are lit. Pulling the plug is quicker, but I'm wary of doing this too often because it might damage the disk or corrupt the contents. Usually this has happened the first power up of the day, but it has happened at other times. I used to use a power timer to switch the machine on early (04:30 I think) and leave it on all day. That seemed to vastly reduce the problem. What with the number of rescans required in the last year or so (which cancel the power on timer) and power prices I no longer do this - and the "not responding" has returned.

| Mon 8 May 2023 8:15:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

The issue is that the power goes off and there is no red light on the of the box, but the box is still switch on at the mains press the power button on the remote but this does not switch the box on, so I switch the box off at the mains and then back on and the box comes on, but get other issue the recordings that are in my schedule list will only record for 2mins then stop, to fix this issue do a full re-tune on the box and the issue is gone, till the next time.
    Any more help would be appreciated

Thanks

| Tue 9 May 2023 21:10:24 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.