My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T problems (bit long I am afraid)

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

scbs29

In October last year I purchased a Humax FVP-5000T/500 500GB Freeview Play TV Recorder.
    Overall I am pleased with it but have some problems.

1. Catch-Up TV.
    From the Humax website: Catch-Up TV is indeed available and can be accessed directly via the EPG
    Catch-Up TV is not available through the EPG. For anything before what is on at the moment all that is shown is No Program Information.

2. Following on from 1 above,
    From the Humax website: Holding in the left directional arrow while viewing the EPG will allow you to choose from the previous seven days
    (broadband connection required to view available content).
    This is not possible as in 1 above, for anything before what is on at the moment. All that is shown is No Program Information. I do have a broadband connection.

3. From the Humax website: Using the Humax dedicated Live TV app available on Android & iOS you will be able to set your favourite programmes to record while on the go.
    No you cannot, Android Live TV app useless. I use VLC to stream recorded content to my tablet over my broadband.

4. Schedule recordings.
    What is the limit for the number of recordings that may be scheduled? I had 15 programs scheduled, and when I tried to schedule another the recording was not set. I received the message about whether to record SD or HD but no message that the schedule could not be set, only the schedule not being among those listed. The new schedule was not at the same time or channel as any other.

5. When I schedule a recording it is not guaranteed to actually occur correctly. I have scheduled a half-hour program which was recorded correctly, but the following program was also recorded even though not set.
    I scheduled a recording which was replaced by another program at transmission time. The set recorded the different program.
    If I schedule a recording the recording may start at the beginning of that requested, part way through the preceding program, half way through the set recording and following on till half way through the next one etc.

6. Last December I purchased a Samsung S8 tablet, which I have used with VLC to stream from the FVP-5000T and watch on the tablet. I watched
    a recording on the tablet yesterday morning, then shut it down to do other things. I then went back on the tablet after about an hour and
    since then every time I try to stream a recording, even though they are
    all listed I get a message eg:
    The location: 190.168.1.70:9000/web/pvr/CONTENT:773.ts.....
    cannot be played. If I then try another recording I get the message Multiple media cannot be played. If I try using LiveTV I get an Unknown Error message
    and nothing else, or if I get the list of recordings and select one then
    nothing happens, no messages, nothing. Pinging 190.168.1.70 give the message
    Request timed out.
    Trying to access the FVP-5000T through a browser fails with a timeout error.
    Trying to access using FTP leads to the error in the log
    Opening Connection 190.168.1.70:9000
    FD_CONNECT - WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out
    Cannot Connect to Site. Also an error dialog stating
    An error occurred reading folder.
    Cannot connect to site.
    See FTP log for more details.

As I said, overall I am pleased, but these problems are really aggravating. The FVP-5000T was bought to replace a TalkTalk set top box, on which I had none of these problems.
    Are the programs due to software ? If so, does anyone know if there any
    plans to update the software so that it actually works as Humax says
    that it does ? Are there any plans to update the Live TV app ?
    Are there some settings on the recorder of which I am unaware that would address these problems ?
    Why should the streaming suddenly stop working ?
    Can anyone help ?

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 16:08:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Re point 1, this is a very common problem. I can usually get the catch-up EPG repopulated by deleting the cookies. I can't explain why this works, but it usually does.

Press the "F" key and scroll to Players at the top then select it with OK. You should find a button at top right marked "i". Select that and then press "+" (not OK). Follow the prompts and then go back to the EPG.

As the 5000T has been superseded by the Aura, it seems unlikely that there will be any further updates unfortunately.

| Sat 21 Jan 2023 22:54:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Part of the streaming problem might lie with the fact that only SD recordings can be played on other devices. HD recordings can only be played on that one 5000T.

Doesn't explain the problem with the one which you watched part of but not the rest of it though.

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 0:18:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

scbs29

Thanks for the reply
    Point 1. 'Press the "F" key' etc. What F key ? There are no keys to press in the Android LiveTV app.
    Point 5. It is not that I only watched part, but what I described was how it was recorded.
    Point 6. I realise that only HD recordings cannot be played on other devices, but all recordings are SD. However, the streaming has suddenly started working again.

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 11:43:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

scbs29 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the reply
    Point 1. 'Press the "F" key' etc. What F key ? There are no keys to press in the Android LiveTV app.

This was in reply to

1. Catch-Up TV.
    From the Humax website: Catch-Up TV is indeed available and can be accessed directly via the EPG
    Catch-Up TV is not available through the EPG. For anything before what is on at the moment all that is shown is No Program Information.
    and relates to the "F" key on the 5000T Remote Control,

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 15:07:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Or "F" button I suppose I should have said.

| Sun 22 Jan 2023 16:29:26 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.