My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T Programme guide

(14 posts)
  1. Doghouse

Doghouse

I've tried a search but it's not working.

On my FVP 5000T programme guide, sometimes programmes only a couple of hours ahead have "No programme information" so I can't set a recording.

Any clues?

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 18:15:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doghouse - 23 mins ago  » 
    I've tried a search but it's not working.
    On my FVP 5000T programme guide, sometimes programmes only a couple of hours ahead have "No programme information" so I can't set a recording.
    Any clues?

Tune to BBC1-HD for 15 mins or so. Consider setting a power on/off timer pair on BBC1-HD every morning with a 15 min gap to refresh the epg.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 18:39:18 #2 |
  3. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for that.

I wanted during the afternoon, to record a programme on BBC4 which started at 10.00pm. But whenever I pressed "Guide." beyond 8.00pm-9.00pm it still said "no programme information."

The set had been on all day. I'd been back and forth between Freeview and cable during the day and recording stuff on both.

It was still saying the same at 8.00pm. when I pressed "Guide."

But I then tuned to BBC4, pressed "Guide" and I could then read everything scheduled on that channel until 3.30 in the morning when it will close down.

strange that.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 23:25:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Doghouse - 1 hour ago  » 
    But I then tuned to BBC4, pressed "Guide" and I could then read everything scheduled on that channel until 3.30 in the morning when it will close down.
    strange that.

Was this BBC 4 SD or BBC4 HD?

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 0:41:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

I sometimes see this too. Occasionally a channel will show "No Programme Information" for a day or two. Tuning to the actual channel first, as doghouse mentioned, helps sometimes but not always. I'm not sure if it's even a Humax problem or rather the broadcaster not generating the information.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 10:29:21 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doghouse - 11 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for that.
    I wanted during the afternoon, to record a programme on BBC4 which started at 10.00pm. But whenever I pressed "Guide." beyond 8.00pm-9.00pm it still said "no programme information."
    The set had been on all day. I'd been back and forth between Freeview and cable during the day and recording stuff on both.
    It was still saying the same at 8.00pm. when I pressed "Guide."
    strange that.

That's because Every Mux carries the full epg data in a round robin. The PSB3 Mux appears to be the fastest. That's why I suggested a power on/off timer pair on BBC1-HD every morning to rebuild the epg.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 10:33:07 #6 |
  7. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for the reasponses.

I'd left it on BBC4 HD last night as I'd been watching something on thst channel when I closed it down.
    It was still on that channel as I expected, when I turned it on this morning. When I pressed "Guide" I could see the schedule on every channel as far forward as I cared to search.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 11:28:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

meadfoot

I've also heard that its best not to use the remote whilst waiting for the EPG to populate.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 15:15:47 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oozat

Thank you Graham! It has taken a few runs through your routine to fully populate my programme schedules, but now AOK thanks to you!

I was at the end of my tether and about to recycle this equipment, which I'd only had for a few months, yet had found so useful. So...you have saved a Humax device's life!

| Wed 8 Nov 2023 18:52:55 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Oozat - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you Graham!

Sadly Graham won't see your post because he died suddenly not long after that posting. I think it is good that his legacy posts continue to help people.

| Wed 8 Nov 2023 19:56:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.