My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T Programme guide

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Troubledshooter

I too have recently started getting EPG problems, with "No programme Information Available" appearing on multiple channels. This has only started fairly recently as I always used to be able to set forthcoming films to record for 7 days in advance on my FVP5000T. My Foxsat PVR still allows me to programme 7 days in advance. I'm on a communal aerial and had an engineer check the system last week, where he found a minor fault but the received signal was excellent. I spoke to a local friend the other night and he is getting exactly the same problem on his terrestrial PVR.

| Sat 2 Dec 2023 14:59:57 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

This seems to be quite a common complaint about the 4000T/5000T. Nobody seems to have come up with a definite cause nor a solution. Whether it is the box or problems with the data being broadcast for the EPG is unclear.

It is unlikely to be anything to do with your aerial system if good quality is being reported (and assuming that your received pictures are also fine).

Something often suggested for random problems is to switch to standby and then disconnect the power to the box for a few minutes. There is no guarantee that it will help, but it is a possibility.

| Sun 3 Dec 2023 0:19:12 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

As suggested by the late Graham, a good policy, if you are not already doing it, is to set up a Power Timer for 20 minutes or so at around 0700 with it set to select Ch101 (BBC1 HD). In that 20 minutes the EPG ought to populate with the current data from a good source.

To set a power timer, select Settings after pressing the "F" button on the remote and from there System Settings. Make sure it is set to Daily while you are setting it up.

You will need to set "Power on timer" with all the start details and "Power off timer" with the time about 20 minutes later than the power on time.

| Sun 3 Dec 2023 0:24:03 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Troubledshooter

I have been using a 'Foxsat' PVR for many years without any EPG problems whatsoever, and only started using a 5000T PVR when my satellite signal was being partially blocked by tree growth a few months ago. Initially I had no problems with EPG and could set the PVR to record programmes 7 days in advance, just as I had with the 'Foxsat' for many years, but some weeks ago I started to get the problems outlined in my first post. I've now put the 'Foxsat' back in line as the dish has been repositioned but find I am getting similar problems with no EPG on that PVR as well.

| Thu 7 Dec 2023 16:04:53 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.