My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T won't turn on

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

darrenr

Hi,
    I recently bought a FVP-5000T, my third Humax box, and I am seeing odd behaviour. Sometimes when I turn it on the light goes from red to blue but the box doesn't come on - i.e. TV says no signal. Pressing buttons on the remote or directly on the box doesn't do anything.

If I turn it off at the wall and back on again all is fine, but this failure to start up is a daily occurrence. It happens when the box is recording and when not (sometimes resulting in lost recordings). The firmware is up to date.

Is this a known issue?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Darren

| Thu 1 Aug 2019 18:08:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

darrenr - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    I recently bought a FVP-5000T, my third Humax box, and I am seeing odd behaviour. Sometimes when I turn it on the light goes from red to blue but the box doesn't come on - i.e. TV says no signal. Pressing buttons on the remote or directly on the box doesn't do anything.

Next time try using the TV remote to change the TV source to the Humax. On the TV remote the 'source' button is often marked 'source' or have a rectangle with an arrow going into it.

darrenr - 3 hours ago  » 
    It happens when the box is recording and when not (sometimes resulting in lost recordings).

My guess is that when the light comes on blue and this happens then you have a recording scheduled to start within the next 18 minutes.

darrenr - 3 hours ago  » 
    Is this a known issue?

If using the TV remote to switch the 'source' works then it is usual and not just with this Humax model.

| Thu 1 Aug 2019 21:23:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If it's anything like mine, after it's been powered off or in standby for any extended period, when I press the red power button, the standby led changes from red to blue but nothing appears on the TV screen.....
    However... What I have noticed is this.
    When the led turns blue it is NOT fully illuminated, if I press the remote power button again it goes back to red and then the next press the unit correctly powers up and the led is bright blue, more importantly, the unit is now fully functioning.
    This has always happened, don't know why and, to be honest, I gave up worrying about it.

| Fri 2 Aug 2019 11:15:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

SSThing - 21 hours ago  » 
    If it's anything like mine, after it's been powered off or in standby for any extended period, when I press the red power button, the standby led changes from red to blue but nothing appears on the TV screen.....
    However... What I have noticed is this.
    When the led turns blue it is NOT fully illuminated, if I press the remote power button again it goes back to red and then the next press the unit correctly powers up and the led is bright blue, more importantly, the unit is now fully functioning.
    This has always happened, don't know why and, to be honest, I gave up worrying about it.

This sequence of behaviour is very similar to the sequence when the box is powered on at the socket. Blue then a pause with no lights then back to red - when the box is booting up. Could this be something to do with auto power down being set with ECO mode for standby. I don't know as I never use those settings - but that is a hunch worth investigating perhaps.

| Sat 3 Aug 2019 8:28:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I don't have eco or auto power down activated, the only time my box is off is when I manually reboot after a lockup or if I am going away.

| Sat 3 Aug 2019 8:39:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

I used to think things weren't right with my FVP-4000T and my newer FVP-5000T until I realised how slow the boot sequence was and how long it took for the box to respond to commands from the remote. I was thinking nothing was happening but got used to a longer wait for commands to be actioned by the unit.

| Sat 3 Aug 2019 10:56:14 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

darrenr

Thank you all for your helpful comments. I will try being patient and see if the box is just a bit slow or whether I can identify any further patterns.

| Tue 6 Aug 2019 19:59:24 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.