My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T/4000T with a recent LG television

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Can I ask if anyone is using an FVP-5000T (or FVP-4000T) with a recent LG television? The reason I ask is that our LG 49U750V when connected to an HDR-FOX T2 suffers from occasional blips in the sound (several an hour) and I was wondering whether this also happens with the more recent boxes. There are several people over on hummy.tv reporting the same problem with various LG models.

| Wed 25 Oct 2017 17:57:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have an EC930V/4000T and everything is fine here.
    Please define "blips"?

| Thu 26 Oct 2017 8:02:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have an EC930V/4000T and everything is fine here.
    Please define "blips"?

Thanks for the feedback. The blips are the sound cutting out for a second or so maybe twice an hour (and the sound is present if you replay the affected section of the recording) although it is irregular and doesn't follow an obvious pattern. Several people are seeing the same thing so it isn't a fault on one specific item.

| Thu 26 Oct 2017 11:56:35 #3 |
  4. athomson

athomson

special member

It could be the signal is topping out at over 100%. If the blips were happening to me I would check signal Test under Settings and Channel Settings on the Settings 'cog' at the top of the 'Home' screen. The humax does not like signals that are too strong as I found out.

Andy

| Sat 28 Oct 2017 20:05:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

athomson - 3 hours ago  » 
    It could be the signal is topping out at over 100%. If the blips were happening to me I would check signal Test under Settings and Channel Settings on the Settings 'cog' at the top of the 'Home' screen.

That sounds like instructions for an FVP-4000T; I actually have an HDR-FOX T2. I was enquiring to see if the problem is common to all Humax boxes or is a specific issue on the HDR-FOX T2.

The humax does not like signals that are too strong as I found out.

Thanks but I am rather well aware of that and my signal strength is a very comfortable 71%. If it was a signal quality issue then the problem would be in the recording; all the people seeing this problem agree that rewinding and replaying at the point where the blip occurred, the sound is present on the replay. My guess is that it is some sort of minor incompatibility on the HDMI interface, perhaps associated with the different versions of the HDMI standard (although they are supposed to be backward compatible).

| Sun 29 Oct 2017 0:10:30 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.