My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000T hard drive will not reformat

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lawrencewp

Yes, I have never had any problems reformatting a disk after wiping it in a PC, but they never seem to reformat a second time in the Humax. So if you want to retain the original factory seal on the recorder the only option seems to be to manually delete every recording separately. I can only assume this is a glitch affecting most or all FVP4000 / 5000 models.

| Mon 7 Feb 2022 10:17:05 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

lawrencewp

I recently purchase an FVP5000T with a declared noisy hard drive. I decided to reformat and see if this made the drive any quieter but encountered the usual problem where it would not reformat. I therefore decided to break the seals and remove the drive. Surprised to find a much bulkier and higher power consumption Toshiba drive was fitted in place of the more usual Seagate Pipeline. (Maybe there were supply issues, or perhaps the Seagate unit is cheaper?). Anyway to cut a long story short I decided to fit a Seagate unit and this ran quietly as expected and it also formatted correctly the first time, but not again!
    Strangely the Toshiba drive seems to work fine when connected to a PC which makes me wonder if there is a compatibility issue between it and the Humax?

| Sat 19 Feb 2022 15:56:41 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.