My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000T Planner problems

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimonR

Hello again.
    Has anybody experienced the EPG listings to be missing for the majority of the channels ? This shows up especially when selecting a genre. The shows listed are missing anything over the next few hours and when going back to the guide, there are blanks everywhere !
    Any help would be appreciated.

| Sat 28 Jul 2018 0:07:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

I have had this problem over the last week or two. I find that the EPG populates without problem when I turn the box on (from standby) but at some stage later it sometimes appears to forget all the listings other than now and next for channels other than those on the mux associated with the channel I am tuned to. I can recover the forgotten listings quite easily by tuning to a channel on a different mux, but it is very irritating. I have never noticed this problem with the 4000t until very recently and can't work out any pattern to when it happens. I don't use the genre search, so I don't think it is simply associated with that,

| Sat 28 Jul 2018 9:56:57 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sue343 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I have had this problem over the last week or two. I find that the EPG populates without problem when I turn the box on (from standby) but at some stage later it sometimes appears to forget all the listings other than now and next for channels other than those on the mux associated with the channel I am tuned to. I can recover the forgotten listings quite easily by tuning to a channel on a different mux, but it is very irritating. I have never noticed this problem with the 4000t until very recently and can't work out any pattern to when it happens. I don't use the genre search, so I don't think it is simply associated with that,

That sounds like a transmission issue. The complete Freeview epg for all channels should be transmitted in a round robin on every multiplex.

Might be associated with transmitter work related to 700 MHz clearance.

Same applies to Freesat every transponder carries the full epg.

| Sat 28 Jul 2018 10:17:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

Thanks Graham. I see that it could be a transmission issue, but would that explain why the Humax loads up the complete EPG when I first turn it on, and only loses some of it later?

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 6:16:38 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sue343 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. I see that it could be a transmission issue, but would that explain why the Humax loads up the complete EPG when I first turn it on, and only loses some of it later?

The epg is cached so on boot up you get the cached version. Once on the epg is constantly updated from the Mux you are using. If it wasn't cached it would take a while to populate.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 8:37:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

I’ve noticed the same problem over this last week, but only once or twice. Like Sue, this has been okay for the channel that I’m on (and associated) but blank for most others.

I changed to the channel I wanted info for and it eventually loaded.

I’m on Crystal Palace and we’ve had retunes already.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 15:58:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimonR

The EPG problem is becoming slowly worse. There are no details on any channels for the following day. The days following are completely empty of any information. My signal strength and quality are both 100%.
    I am quite shocked that other people have not experienced the problems I have with the FVP 4000T. The list is increasing and each work-around seems to make the unit more user unfriendly !
    As usual, any help would be appreciated.

| Tue 14 Aug 2018 22:57:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Hi, I think you will find that the EPG is continually updated on the Humax.
    So yes If the epg loses its info it is because the transmitter is transmitting No info then that is the updated transition that the box will show.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 7:40:37 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

The missing EPG information is present on the TV. It also appears gradually when changing channel, but while the TV can keep up to date and load new channels, the Humax can’t so must work slightly different.

I wonder if it doesn’t like an extra network name where COM7/8 are national (instead of London in this case) which ties in roughly when CP (and maybe some others) changed to become part of a SFN.

Although when I saw no programme info earlier, the box handn’t been on anything other than ITV HD. Info is all there now though so I’m not too concerned.

| Thu 16 Aug 2018 18:17:20 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimonR

Just an update - I have checked different three TV Freeview tuners with the same aerial and there are no problems with the EPG information.
    As a result I am quite sure the problem is with the Humax FVP 4000T.
    I have also noticed that there is another thread detailing this fault with the FVP 5000T.
    Does anybody at Humax read the posts on this forum I wonder ?

| Fri 31 Aug 2018 10:41:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.