My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000t - Powering on several times a day

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ACUK

I have an FVP4000T brand new, up to date with the latest firmware. Several times a day I see the device turn on by itself (Blue LED). Is this anything to do with remote record function. It stays on until I switch it off. Then after a long period it switches on again. I'm not sure how many times a day it does it.

| Thu 7 Mar 2019 18:30:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Are you using any other remote control? I used to have another PVR (Topfield) and quite often pressing its remote buttons would activate my 5000T as well.

| Thu 7 Mar 2019 19:16:49 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ACUK - 49 minutes ago  » 
    I have an FVP4000T brand new, up to date with the latest firmware. Several times a day I see the device turn on by itself (Blue LED). Is this anything to do with remote record function. It stays on until I switch it off. Then after a long period it switches on again. I'm not sure how many times a day it does it.

It's the remote recording that causes it. The box wakes to check the scheduling server for any changes. If I remember correctly the interval can be chosen in the setup menus ( I could be wrong as never used remote scheduling).

| Thu 7 Mar 2019 19:22:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

It's the remote recording that causes it. The box wakes to check the scheduling server for any changes. If I remember correctly the interval can be chosen in the setup menus ( I could be wrong as never used remote scheduling).

As far as I am aware, remote recording wake up does not change the status light on the front of the box from red to blue - at least not for my FVP5000T. If ACUK is seeing the blue light indicating power on then there may be some other cause. I have observed this behaviour on odd occasions but ignored it, assuming someone else in the house had pressed the on/off inadvertently. But perhaps there is a glitch - or some other undocumented function. I am monitoring the network connection as I write this - red light is on and FVP has woken up to check remote recording status (a process which lasts about 6 minutes).

| Fri 8 Mar 2019 9:09:51 #4 |
  5. graham uk

graham uk

special member

My FVP4000T also boots up occasionally, I just assume it's updating the EPG...Makes me wonder if I had another senior moment and did not put it in standby !!!.

| Fri 8 Mar 2019 9:49:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ACUK

Thanks for your ideas. I have been monitoring the FVP4000t today, it hasn't switched on so far today. It is possible that another remote triggers the switch on, I use the NOWTV remote, but didn't notice a connection so far, but will keep an eye out now.

I saw a post about changing the remote frequency, so I could also try that.

| Fri 8 Mar 2019 12:22:14 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

I often hear my FVP4000T powering up for the remote recording check, I have it set to 50 mins, and it has always powered down again when I have noticed it.
    On random occasions the unit powers up and stays on but I have been unable to determine when or why.
    Another bit of HUMAX excellent firmware

| Fri 8 Mar 2019 16:27:59 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.