My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000T Random Reboot

(135 posts)
  1. andyb63uk

Andy B

Yes my FVP4000T is rebooting randomly. It started in June for no reason about once a month until this evening when it happened twice withing 3 hours.

It must have happened twice when we were on holiday beginning of august as recordings had failed.

The really annoying thing is that if it is recording when it happens, the scheduled recording does not restart/continue once up and running again.

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 23:50:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

zmsc1

Same here, typically early evening, but no particular pattern as far as I can work out. Fortunately it's more likely to take out the soaps, doesn't usually affect later recordings. Missus not happy though!

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 17:28:50 #2 |
  3. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Happened to me this morning while playing back a recording.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 20:01:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

Have any of you got the network server option turned on?

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 20:25:37 #4 |
  5. andyb63uk

Andy B

I've been in touch with Humax and they have said to do a factory reset. I did that last night so will see if it happens again.

The thing about a factory reset is that you can elect to NOT format the HDD which is great for not losing recordings, but it would be even better if you could keep the schedule as well. Or at least have a way to save a file somewhere.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 20:26:32 #5 |
  6. andyb63uk

Andy B

Harryhornby - 1 hour ago  » 
    Have any of you got the network server option turned on?

Just had a look and NO, it's off, never needed to watch stuff elsewhere other than the TV.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 21:38:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

zmsc1

My network server is turned on, as are Samba and FTP. Do you (HarryHornby) have a theory on why that may be significant? I sometimes try to watch recordings in the kitchen, where I have a Raspberry Pi running KODI to act as a DLNA player, but it doesn't work very well. I think the WiFi signal is too weak in the kitchen.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 5:54:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

Nothing is proven as yet but I turned on my network server the other day to test some kit and less than 24 hours later I had a reboot during a recording. I turned it straight off and 8 days later the box has been fine.

I am part of the beta testing group on here (PM Barry if you want to join in too) and I know that this rebooting and not waking from standby is something that is still being looked into by Humax.

I had the not wake from standby problem, I had a replacement unit from them, same problem. I asked for one of their new remotes (they don't replace the remote when you have a replacement box) and fingers crossed, no problems since.....

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 7:00:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

zmsc1

Thanks for that. I'll turn off the DLNA server and report back whether that turns off the irritating reboot.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 7:27:50 #9 |
  10. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I tried to watch a recording last night that was stopped by a re-boot (whilst recording - not watching) so I also have turned the network server off. Let's see what happens now. R-

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 8:21:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.