My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000T Random Reboot

(135 posts)
  1. andyb63uk

Andy B

AND again!! twice in one hour, both times just watching BBC1 HD, nothing being recorded or played back. Everything in the settings switched OFF. Really hope the upcoming update works 'cos I'm sick of this. Love the box, hate the software.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 23:36:30 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

If they can't fix it after all this time, then maybe
    There might be a fault with the hardware.

| Tue 25 Oct 2016 0:24:20 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Welshlad

Hi,
    I'm new on here just found you while trying to sort out the same fault with my box.
    I got mine last christmas from john lewis and it has starting rebooting itself the last few weeks.Mine seems to run hot also,is this normal?

| Tue 25 Oct 2016 7:07:00 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

russ331

Mine's behaved itself for the past week, until last night. I switched it off at 10.55pm. It started recording 2 programmes at 11pm. At 11.05pm it rebooted & ceased recording.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was smart enough to resume recording after rebooting, a couple of minutes of lost recording is better than losing nearly all of the programmes. Running out of patience with the FVP4000T ...

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 15:46:57 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Mine rebooted again at about 21:05 last night. I have all the network stuff switched off to try and stop this.

It's definitely not a hardware fault or caused by overheating as I've had mine for a year and the only times it has ever spontaneously rebooted is during the last 6 weeks or so with this current firmware.

Richard

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 18:16:06 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

I just hope the software update due next Monday is still on track. We really need this update to cure the rebooting problem. This is not only a pain to owners who are losing recordings,but a massive embarrassment for Humax. You'd have thought with their years of experience this problem would not happen.

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 18:21:27 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bingosplit

Hi everyone,

I bought this box 2 weeks ago and stupidly whilst setting it up from new allowed it to update to the latest firmware. I've never experienced a stable machine. I'm pretty disgusted - what sort of testing was done on the new software? Seems very poor.

| Wed 26 Oct 2016 22:19:11 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

Well, I did have a relatively stable box for about three weeks.

But it has now rebooted 3 times in the last 4 days - and destroyed 3 recordings.

I'm getting rather fed up about this now - Humax really should have made the pre-Remote Recording firmware available when it was clear there was a problem.

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 18:41:56 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Didn't someone on here say there was a sw update due out yesterday, 31st Oct?

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 19:03:38 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

They found it didn't fix the random reboots - there is an update coming next week that has "minor issues resolved".

It's unacceptable that these boxes have been left in a "not fit for purpose" state for 2 months, and apparently won't even be fixed next week.

They should have rolled back to the last firmware prior to the introduction of remote recording. Stability is more important than features.

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 20:11:40 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.