Mine is the same with random reboots,

Some times with a dim blue light then all is fine

The wifi is still dropping too as in my above post

Lets hope the new software fixes these problems,

Ps: when the 4000T works properly it's great,

| Thu 20 Oct 2016 16:51:55 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Mine rebooted this morning as I was watching BBC 1 HD. This was the first time for about ten days,but have had numerous over the last couple of months. I'm just hoping that the software update due shortly sorts this problem as I really want to keep this box. If not surely Humax should offer a full cash refund.

| Thu 20 Oct 2016 18:19:15 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dorset Rover

I'm grateful to those of you who have posted the above comments. You may have well have saved me the cost of a 'FVP4000T Playbox' which I was considering buying at the same time as a 'Humax H3 espresso.'

| Fri 21 Oct 2016 15:33:05 #33 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Anyone who is suffering from reboots and is not a member of our Beta group and would like to partake.

PM me for details, and access to our hidden area.

| Fri 21 Oct 2016 17:59:33 #34 |
  5. maharg101

maharg101

Good news about the upcoming update from Humax.

My own experience is that since turning off the network server a week ago, the box has worked without issue.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 9:51:20 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Since we returned from holiday 2 weeks ago my Humax did not perform a single random reboot ..... until yesterday evening whilst watching a recorded programme.

And it's just done it again.

I've changed all the settings to the recommended ones.

The reboot only seems to happen when we are watching a previously recorded programme. I'm not aware of it happening when it's actually recording something or when we are just watching live TV through it.

I haven't done a factory reset as I don't want to loose the current schedule as the Mrs has so many programs set so I'll wait for the next update. If that deletes the current schedule then I'll have to live with it, of course.

Richard

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 10:24:38 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

Its not worth resetting the receiver because it makes no difference. I have done this a few times. Last week, while recording, the picture froze and the receiver rebooted. Yesterday the receiver just went off while recording and rebooted. I got a message saying that there was power failure. I have had suspicions of a faulty WiFi board, but can't prove it. Sometimes when I've had sudden reboots I've found that the WiFi doesn't work. I have to turn off the power to the receiver to get the WiFi module to work again. A faulty WiFi module could be shorting out the power supply causing a reboot.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 14:20:43 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

maharg101 - 7 hours ago  » 
    Good news about the upcoming update from Humax.
    My own experience is that since turning off the network server a week ago, the box has worked without issue.

The network server has never been switched on on mine,and I have suffered numerous lockups.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 17:37:12 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Phil1 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Its not worth resetting the receiver because it makes no difference. I have done this a few times. Last week, while recording, the picture froze and the receiver rebooted. Yesterday the receiver just went off while recording and rebooted. I got a message saying that there was power failure. I have had suspicions of a faulty WiFi board, but can't prove it. Sometimes when I've had sudden reboots I've found that the WiFi doesn't work. I have to turn off the power to the receiver to get the WiFi module to work again. A faulty WiFi module could be shorting out the power supply causing a reboot.

Humax stock answer is to reset the receiver whatever the problem reported to them. Never cured the lockups on my box.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 17:39:31 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Mine also does this since the last software update it feels as though we are going backwards, is it really fit for purpose?

Also it feel as though since this update the systems response time has slowed down e.g. opening recording list or an individual recording?

Come on Humax this just isn't good enough.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 20:10:28 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.