My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000T Random Reboot

(135 posts)
  1. Mic

Mic

Hi im having the same issues with a replacement 4000T on latest software,
    It keeps rebooting most days now,
    I've tried all the above (reset to default, power management off ect)

Also i have the wifi dropping, it connects to router but not the Internet (No on demand) the only way to get it back on mine is unplug if for 1 hour then it works again,

Just hope it's the software and not the 4000T

Mic

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 9:08:49 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickdrew

Hi I had my first random reboot last night only had the FVP4000T for two days.
    It happened while I was deleting a HD program that had not finished recording yet while recording two other scheduled recordings.

Not happy makes me want to send it back for a refund.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 9:37:07 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaylew

I have also experienced this problem firstly with an HDR 1000S, replaced by Humax under warranty with another HDR 1000S and replaced a second time with an HDR1100S for the same fault. Despite following their instructions to upgrade the software and reset the box I am still getting random re booting. If this is down to software problems I will be glad when they get it sorted.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 21:41:23 #23 |
  4. maharg101

maharg101

2 days into owning the 4000T, pretty good on the whole, but have encountered a couple of freeze + reboots earlier this evening when watching live channel 4 HD, following a refusal to come out of standby which required a full power cycle. Have watched a couple of hours of catch-up via All4 without glitches following that.

No recording schedule currently in place.

Current configuration:
    - wired LAN connection (with previously configured WiFi now inactive)
    - network server is on
    - FTP server is off
    - Samba server is off
    - power saving in standby is on
    - automatic power down is on
    - HDMI-CEC is off
    - factory reset never carried out

I'm going to try changing a single setting at a time to attempt to find a stable configuration.

So first off, I'm going to switch off the network server. Fingers crossed.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 22:25:33 #24 |
  5. andyb63uk

Andy B

Update post factory reset.

Just had a random reboot after several days of OK. was recording "Can't Pay Special, 0105, 21:59 ~ 23:05" and watching a recording. Picture froze but audio continued for several seconds, then rebooted. 55 minutes recorded.

Current config;
    - wired LAN connection, WIFI off
    - network server off
    - Server activation time off
    - FTP server off
    - Samba server off
    - Remote recording off
    - power saving in standby off
    - automatic power down off
    - TV Power control off

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 23:10:57 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickdrew

Just had my second re boot in two days lost what I was recording fed up with the FVP 4000T I think I will send it back to Humax.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 17:23:45 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

I've just had another 'power failure' reboot. I was recording 2 programmes between 9pm and 10pm and the receiver rebooted at 9.31pm ruining both recordings. I have a replacement receiver and things are getting worse.

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 12:41:43 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

russ331

I bought my FVP4000T from John Lewis in January this year. It's been faultless ... until the past 10 days or so.

It now repeatedly turns itself off then back on again. If I'm watching a recording this is irritating. If it happens while recording, the recording is prematurely terminated, & no further recording takes place until the next scheduled recording is due.

To find that a number of recordings have only partially recorded is infuriating & unacceptable. I tried the Factory Default (reset all settings) option. This appeared to work for a few days, however, the problem is back today, with the Humax turning itself off then back on again twice in the space of one hour. This is not acceptable.

Unless Humax come up with a firmware fix very soon, it goes back to John Lewis.

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 18:50:02 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickdrew

Just had a reply Email from Humax to say -

We are aware of the reboot issue in regards to this unit. We are currently working on a software update to remedy this and it is due to be released on 31st of October.

It can not come soon enough I will hold off sending it back hoping this software update will cure the fault.

| Thu 20 Oct 2016 10:41:52 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Is the box randomly turning itself on (blue light) also a symptom of this issue as it's happening a lot to mine.

| Thu 20 Oct 2016 11:49:47 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.