My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T and Britbox

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

The question is, how to get Britbox on FVP5000T?

I contacted Britbox and their response on email was generic, and their suggestion doesn't work. I replied to them is doesn't work and they have not responded at all.

Apparently, it should be possible to see an app on channel 100. There are plenty of logos, but no Britbox.

Anyone here with better info than Britbox are putting out?

| Thu 30 Apr 2020 18:15:25 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

It is Very unlikely that you will ever be able to get Britbox on your FVP-5000T. The following quote is from the Britbox website.

You can access BritBox on the web, your Apple TV, Samsung (2016-2020), Panasonic, LG, Vestel and Netgem Smart TVs, iOS, Android devices, Amazon Fire TV and YouView Retail boxes.

You can also use a Chromecast device.

| Thu 30 Apr 2020 18:35:54 #2 |
  3. jpv1960

jpv1960

I recently bought Humax FVP-5000T. Not having Britbox App is very inconvinient. Some weeks back I emailed Humax Sales and asked them about Britbox App. All they could tell me was that both Freeview and YouView Humax boxes don't have that option.

What I have been able to find out is that if can see 'Freeview Play' (channel 100), then Britbox App will be rolled out in near future. This link gives more details:

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/11/how-to-check-if-youre-getting-britbox.html

| Fri 1 May 2020 20:09:35 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jpv1960 - 5 mins ago  » 
    I recently bought Humax FVP-5000T. Not having Britbox App is very inconvinient. Some weeks back I emailed Humax Sales and asked them about Britbox App. All they could tell me was that both Freeview and YouView Humax boxes don't have that option.
    What I have been able to find out is that if can see 'Freeview Play' (channel 100), then Britbox App will be rolled out in near future. This link gives more details:

If you can't see 100 on your FVP box something is wrong.

Did you actually try it ?

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/11/how-to-check-if-youre-getting-britbox.html

All Freeview Play devices have BBC1-HD on 100, BBC2-HD on 102, ITV-HD on 103, Channel 4-HD on 104 and channel 5 -HD on 105. They are carried on a single multiplex available on all UK transmitters.

When tuned to channel 100, the brodacaster can switch from the live broadcast BBC1-HD live TV source to the IP data stream for Britbox.

Similar to the red button access used to gain access to other data streams like Wimbledon and Olympics. The red button is likely to be the access to this service.

Until this link is created of course it will not work.

Seems 100% feasible to me.

| Fri 1 May 2020 20:22:55 #4 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

grahamlthompson - 13 hours ago  » 
    All Freeview Play devices have BBC1-HD on 100, BBC2-HD on 102, ITV-HD on 103, Channel 4-HD on 104 and channel 5 -HD on 105. They are carried on a single multiplex available on all UK transmitters.
    When tuned to channel 100, the brodacaster can switch from the live broadcast BBC1-HD live TV source to the IP data stream for Britbox.
    Similar to the red button access used to gain access to other data streams like Wimbledon and Olympics. The red button is likely to be the access to this service.
    Until this link is created of course it will not work.
    Seems 100% feasible to me.

BBC ONE HD is on 101, and Freeview is on 100.

| Sat 2 May 2020 9:36:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

OK, thanks all, just as I thought, we've all just got to wait.

| Tue 5 May 2020 11:06:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

jpv1960 - 3 days ago  » 
    Some weeks back I emailed Humax Sales and asked them about Britbox App. All they could tell me was that both Freeview and YouView Humax boxes don't have that option.

The software update that includes the Britbox App started to roll out to the retail Humax Youview box last Thursday (3oth April). It is a phased roll out and so some may not receive it for a few weeks.

| Tue 5 May 2020 18:52:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

Has anyone seen this Britbox update yet?

| Wed 3 Jun 2020 17:48:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

I still haven't got it yet.

I would guess Humax doesnt have a big enough market share to be worthwhile.

That's a bit sad.

| Fri 7 Aug 2020 17:47:31 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.