My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Gaps in Guide programme information

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickRich

I'm getting gaps in the programme information in the Guide on some channels, so am unable to set up certain programmes to record. This is the second time this has happened - I think the info eventually appeared on its own in the end before. I've done a channel re-scan, but it made no difference. Any idea what's wrong please?

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 12:36:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

NickRich - 31 minutes ago  » 
    I've done a channel re-scan, but it made no difference.

Have you tried a manual tune? See Link to manual tune FAQ

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 13:09:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martyn Culling

I've got the same problem.

Only recently appeared after a manual tune. I really do not want to repeat it as the last time I did it I missed a recording (auto or manual tune wipes the recording schedule).

As far as getting the missing info back, on both occasions I just left the box on, tuned to the 'offending' channel and the missing information was picked up and re-inserted just fine within 15 mins.

Box is running latest software and I'm tuned to Crystal Palace. A manual tune was done as 'auto' insisted on putting higher frequency poor reception mux first.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 13:35:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you post an example to see if other boxes are also affected. It might be a broadcaster problem.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 14:02:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickRich

No I haven't tried a manual retune. However, I've just checked again and the info is now there. Some of it appeared gradually as I watched. This morning the evening's programmes were missing for BBC1HD, BBCHD and several other channels (not all HD).

I'm Crystal Palace too. So it seems the Guide is just flaky. Annoying, since a programme I had set to record next weekend had gone blank because there was no info and I've had to reinstate it. If I hadn't noticed, who knows if it would have recorded or not?

Could a software update fix this?

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 15:25:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

NickRich - 1 minute ago  » 
    Could a software update fix this?

Unlikely. If you go to Menu>Settings>System>Signal Detection then press the right arrow (to the right of the OK button) what channel numbers are reported?

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 15:31:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martyn Culling

Broadcaster problem was my first thought actually, but the latest example was odd. No BBC HD programmes on the guide shown earlier for this evening, but ITV HD and C4 HD programmes were there - and they are all on the same mux. Both current, afternoon and later BBC HD programmes were shown, so I think it is the same fault that the OP related. I'd turned the box on for the first time that day at about 1245.

The 'fault' mended itself within 15 mins, so if you had the box on, but were not looking at the guide, you'd never know.

Possible I suppose the guide transmissions currently have a problem at 0415 (or whenever the box has its daily look) but I've got an idea the problem last time was on a commercial mux.

At the moment, unless somebody says "it's..." I reckon the best thing is to log the channel/s affected as at the moment, nothing to show whose fault or problem it is.

Just seen Martin's post, sig strength about 66, quality 100 on all channels. All my channels are on the correct CP muxes as I had to do a manual tune to stop the box selecting the wrong and weaker transmitter for one mux.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 15:38:42 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickRich

If you go to Menu>Settings>System>Signal Detection then press the right arrow (to the right of the OK button) what channel numbers are reported?

21-28 inclusive, 30, 39, 48, 51 & 52.

Is that significant? Thanks for the help with this.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 15:50:01 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The guide doesn't get refreshed overnight or during recording either. If you use autopadding every day you don't boot the box you lose a day of forward epg. After 7 days the box will stop recording. Solution to this and having a full epg when you want it is simple. Use the power on/off timer.

Menu/settings/preferences/time.

I have Power On Timer 07:00, Channel BBC1-HD, Repeat Daily, Power Off Timer 07:20.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 15:57:10 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

NickRich - 9 minutes ago  » 

If you go to Menu>Settings>System>Signal Detection then press the right arrow (to the right of the OK button) what channel numbers are reported?

21-28 inclusive, 30, 39, 48, 51 & 52.
    Is that significant? Thanks for the help with this.

You should have only 6 and they should match your local transmitter .

Crystal Palace in mux order

23 26 30(DVB-T2) 25 22 28

A link to how to manual tune already posted.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 16:00:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.