My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Getting Aura today any tips for setting up?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Hi, Well i have decided to take the plunge and upgrade my 5000T to a 1TB Aura.

If feels a bit safer now after reading about the uddates there has been.

As doing factory resets seem to have fixed some little issues some people have got i am thinking it might be a good idea to update to the latest FW out the box and just do a reset straight away before i set much else up?

Has anyone got any other little tips or things they think would be good to know?

Do people generally do a reset on each fw release or is the box generally fine? I don't want to have to keep doing that every release unless needed as you would loose all the settings and recordings i assume?

Regards

James

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 9:27:13 #1 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

james_uk - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi, Well i have decided to take the plunge and upgrade my 5000T to a 1TB Aura.
    If feels a bit safer now after reading about the uddates there has been.
    As doing factory resets seem to have fixed some little issues some people have got i am thinking it might be a good idea to update to the latest FW out the box and just do a reset straight away before i set much else up?
    Has anyone got any other little tips or things they think would be good to know?
    Do people generally do a reset on each fw release or is the box generally fine? I don't want to have to keep doing that every release unless needed as you would loose all the settings and recordings i assume?
    Regards
    James

Just follow all the instructions and definitely do the updates as they are important fixes. I don't thing you have to do rest after set up. But I'm ready to be corrected. Reset doesn't loose recordings, unless you reformat hard drive. You can back up all settings. Re logging in or activating apps can be done on smart phone and is relatively quick. If you have signal fluctuation in SD channels take it straight back. but new models shouldn't have that problem anymore.

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 13:20:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

LFCKEV71

Do what i did put it back in the box for 6 months to a year because it just a pain in the ass hopefully by that time it might be a better box (that just me)

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 14:07:14 #3 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

LFCKEV71 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Do what i did put it back in the box for 6 months to a year because it just a pain in the ass hopefully by that time it might be a better box (that just me)

Better to put it back in the shop for six months if defective manufacture.

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 16:03:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

LFCKEV71

Paul Bton - 33 mins ago  » 

LFCKEV71 - 1 hour ago  » 

Better to put it back in the shop for six months if defective manufacture.

The box works fine they just brought out to soon so i will give it a year then look at it again

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 16:39:31 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.