My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Google Assistant

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Given that I can ask Google Assistant from any of my Hubs, Phone or other devices, to control my Sony Google TV, such as On/Off; I haven't found anyway to control the Aura, which after all, is an Android/Google TV device.
    Apart from using, not too successfully, a Broadlink Universal Remote, is anyone else using Google Assistant to control the Aura, even just On/Off. Forget about the push button operated mic in the remote, that's a waste of time and is excluded from my question.
    Cheers

| Thu 1 Sep 2022 0:41:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

I was able to ask Google (speaker) to switch Aura on/off - but now its not working due to issues with connectivity. I have a support query open for this.

But no, nothing other than on/off. Casting by voice command never worked.

| Wed 7 Sep 2022 14:22:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

woter

It is possible.

I was able to say "Ok Google, watch Plex", "OK Google, watch Amazon" or "OK Google, watch Netflix"**. These are Google Home routines (Automations) set up to turn on/off the relevant devices and custom commands (Try adding your own [Menu option]) that give the command such as "Open Prime Video on Humax".

** For some very strange reason, Humax don't have Netflix, however, my Sony Android TV does, so the routine simply turns off Humax and the custom command reads "Open Netflix on main TV".

You may note I've used the past tense, as in this all worked, but I deleted the Humax device from Google Home and I just cannot get it back. I believe it just appeared as a device.

Unfortunately, Humax's sparse documentation always leads back to Chromecast, which is not what we're looking for.

Possibly more effort than you want to put in, but I am in the process of setting up Home Assistant which includes an AndroidTV integration and Google Assistant integration (Not to be confused with the Google Home integration).

At this point in time, I am still fighting to get Aura back into my Goggle Home's device list. I expect a factory reset is on the cards...

If I find the magic trick, I'll let you know.

HTH

| Tue 20 Dec 2022 15:56:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paulmjstone

I've just annoyingly removed Android TV from Google Home to try and stop a cast and ditto can't get it back online or discoverable by Home.

| Thu 26 Jan 2023 14:36:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paulmjstone

SOLVED.
    Uninstall the Dec 22 update to Chromecast builtin.
    Reviews on playstore indicate google had done something to break it.
    Doing this allows youtube and puts back the aura in Google Home which means you can turn on/off the device/tv(with cec)

| Thu 26 Jan 2023 15:07:28 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.