My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Green screen when TV powered on

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

k64

A disk problem was recently fixed after downloading custom firmware v3.03 but this seems to have brought another problem to the fore:

When I bring the TV out of standby I get a silent green screen and, for a few days, had to power the Humax off and on via the switch on the back (not the remote or the front button). This was very annoying, especially if the Humax was recording at the time I needed to switch the TV on.

Today things have taken a turn for the worse as the above no longer works.

After much trial an error I had success by:
    1/ Put Humax into standby (using remote)
    2/ Change TV to another source
    3/ Change TV back to this Humax as source
    4/ Bring Humax out of standby (using remote)

Admittedly I've only achieved this once because I want to watch something now and don't want to risk hitting the green screen again followed by another half-hour or so of trial and error (get a life!).

I'll report back, probably tomorrow, if the above was a once-only fix.

| Wed 9 Sep 2015 21:32:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I had an almost identical problem around 18 months ago - turned out to be an HDMI issue, nothing at all to do with the Humax.

| Wed 9 Sep 2015 22:54:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

k64

This worked OK today, but a proper fix is needed as I'm the only member of this household who understands how to do it.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 20:33:54 #3 |
  4. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

This problem is not related to custom firmware, but it could be something to do with the standard firmware version. What standard version do you have currently: custom firmware is available for 1.02.20, 1.02.32 and 1.03.12? What was it before you installed the CFW? If the version now is different to the one you had installed before you had HDMI handshaking problems, try reverting to that version.

| Fri 11 Sep 2015 2:39:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

k64

System info now shows:

Software (firmware?) FHTCP 1.03.12
    Loader a7.33
    Update date 7 Feb 2014
    MICOM ver 9.3

Last night I had much trouble:
    Cycle through V-Format didn't work;
    Change TV source back & forth didn't work;
    Power off/on didn't work;
    Swap HDMI cable to another port on TV didn't work but when reverted to original port all was OK!

| Sat 12 Sep 2015 10:54:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

k64

I have probably homed in on the problem area and also found a temporary get-around.

I have tested:
    Different HDMI cable,
    All 3 available HDMI sockets on the TV,
    Another Humax HDR Fox T2 running firmware 1.03.12 (works perfectly with any HDMI cable in any HDMI socket).

However, when we've finished viewing we normally just put the TV into standby leaving the Humax on (and everything was fine when the TV was powered up again).

Today I tried: Humax into standby, TV to standby, TV on, Humax on, and got the green screen every time.
    BUT...
    Humax into standby, TV to standby, WAIT for 'click' of Humax disk powerdown, TV on, Humax on... NO GREEN SCREEN!

So our get-around is to always put the Humax into standby too. You'll probably say we should've been doing that anyway, but we weren't and everything was fine until I used the custom firmware to fix a disk problem (see "No recordings shown in list since Aug 25th").

| Tue 15 Sep 2015 16:33:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

k64

Everything has been OK for the past 4 or 5 weeks, until last night when the green screen reappeared.

We have two HDR-T2s attached to same TV so we had to use the older box last night. Three or four hours later, just about to put everything into standby, I tried the newer box and it was working OK! HDRs into standby, TV into standby, off to bed.

This evening... same again: I can't rid the newer box of the green screen,
    power-on TV (get a No Signal message)
    power-on HDR (Humax loader; black screen with window top left showing screen resolution etc; green screen for ~0.5sec; BBC1 for ~2sec; green screen for ever)

I've probably tried all the procedures previously suggested in this blog, none now fix the problem.

Does anyone have any more positive suggestions?

| Thu 22 Oct 2015 22:08:48 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

STRAT71

My son has the green screen issue with his Panasonic 50" Plasma.
    All other devices work fine, including his Virgin Tivo box and my Technisat HDFV.
    However, it works fine on my 50" and 42" Panasonic Plasmas, and my other son's Panasonic 42" LED, but not on my Denon receiver.
    I have searched the web, but find no real solution has been offered.
    No response from Humax yet.

| Mon 27 Jun 2016 14:29:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

STRAT71

Another rubbish forum. Never mind, got a refund.Bought a Panasonic.

| Tue 28 Jun 2016 16:51:02 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

STRAT71 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Another rubbish forum. Never mind, got a refund.Bought a Panasonic.

Close the door on your way out old bean, if you wouldn't mind.

| Tue 28 Jun 2016 18:01:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.