My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Guide does not show program is reserved for record

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I have set series recording reservations for DCI Banks (9pm ITV HD) and Law & Order: Criminal Intent (11pm 5 USA) tonight (Wednesday 28 Oct).

When I look at the Guide, there is a red clock showing in DCI Banks (and other reservations).

There is no red clock showing in Law & Order: Criminal Intent in the Guide so it looks as though it will not be recorded.

When I press OK, it shows two existing rercordings. There is no red clock against tonight's episode. There is a red clock against Friday's episode. I only have the option CANCEL ENTIRE SERIES, so I cannot force it to record tonight's episode.

Is this a problem with the Humax? Or, far more likely, has 5 USA forgotten to code tonight's episode as being part of the series?

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 17:14:24 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Re 5 USA timer

Is tonight's episode (series 8 episode 3 according to programme details) the same as one you already have recorded?

Edit: Further checking the guide it looks like tonight's episode is a repeat of last Fridays shown at 21:00

| Wed 28 Sep 2016 18:03:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Barry

Thanks. That was the problem - it was the same as an episode already recorded. The episode on 5 October is now appearing in the list but without a red clock as it is a repeat of 30 Sep.

But it does raise another question - why can't set a recording for these repeated episodes? When I highlight one I only have the CANCEL ENTIRE SERIES option.

Also 5 USA seem to repeat episodes almost at random - there does not seem to be much logic behind the dates of the episodes I have recorded.

| Thu 29 Sep 2016 8:08:18 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

JohnH77 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Barry
    Thanks.

But it does raise another question - why can't set a recording for these repeated episodes? When I highlight one I only have the CANCEL ENTIRE SERIES option.

I assume because you already have it recorded and saved on HDD.

Also 5 USA seem to repeat episodes almost at random - there does not seem to be much logic behind the dates of the episodes I have recorded.

Humax have no control over this of course, purely down to broadcaster as to what and when they schedule series/episodes.

| Thu 29 Sep 2016 10:05:43 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.