My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

H3 / 5000T control issues

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Norfolkbor

My problem is similar to some others aired on this forum but for which I couldn't find answers.

I have a H3 box which I am accessing recordings on my 5000T. The H3 is connected to the router over Ethernet (mains carrier) and the 5000T over WiFi. The H3 software is at version 1.26.00.

From the H3, getting a screen showing available recordings on the 5000T is a bit tricky but is manageable, a recording can then be selected and will play OK. BUT when I try to fast forward or to pause, strange things happen.

Fast forward runs OK up to a point and then the H3 throws me out, typically (but not always) up one level to 'Live All Channels'; the point at which this occurs appears to be recording dependent but similar for multiple tries of a given recording.

Pause does pause the picture on the H3's TV screen but the recording is continuing to run in the background and the picture will jump forward once the pause is released.

I'd appreciate some help - the H3 was bought for my wife who doesn't take kindly to flaky controls.

| Wed 28 Mar 2018 18:59:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The fast forward /rewind issue is something that occurs to me every now and then but I cannot replicate the problem when I try. When it happens I get thrown to the beginning of the next recording on the list. This is leading me to think that too many rapid, or presses held too long, is taking me to the end of the recording unintentionally but the onscreen progress bar has not caught up.
    With pause, mine pauses the video but there is a blip on the audio, again this is sporadic and I cannot replicate the fault every time.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 7:15:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Last night I was watching a recording and I received a phone call.
    I paused playback and it appeared to be working correctly. However, about five minutes after resuming playback, I was thrown out of the current recording and the next in the list began playing.

| Wed 4 Apr 2018 11:35:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

spitty

Same problem here with the H3 and 4000T, bought for the wife to use upstairs and she refuses to use it as she says that it is unusable and I have to agree, no folder structure for recordings and no ability to resume where you left off on the main device so when you try to FF it just crashes and no ability to delete a recording after you have watched it.

Mine is totally wired, the main unit (4000T) and H3 are connected to the same switch via lan cables, so don't think that your mains extenders are the problem.

Poor product. If you are considering buying one don't bother it is really poor.

| Thu 17 May 2018 21:05:11 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.