My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Hard disc failure?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobc

Hi,
    I have a HD FOX T2 which is just over a year old. It's been working absolutely fine until a few days ago when my wife said its not recording anything and there is a 'funny' message coming up. The message turned out to be 'You need to format your disk to record'. A bit odd as it reported around 40% free space so could obviously see the disk. I did a disk check which hung, so having no other option did a reformat which completed with 93% free. However it still won't work. Seems like a hardware fault to me.

Bob

| Fri 9 Nov 2012 16:59:05 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum

As a format hasn't worked then I would first try a default reset followed by another format. Then if you still cannot record you will need to contact Humax to get a warranty exchange or repair (assuming it was not a 'graded' unit which only has 12 months warranty instead of 2 years)

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 16:50:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bobc - 2 days ago  » 
    I have a HD FOX T2 which is just over a year old. It's been working absolutely fine until a few days ago when my wife said its not recording anything and there is a 'funny' message coming up.

Is this really an HD-FOX T2 which uses an external disk for recording or an HDR-FOX T2 which has an internal disk? If is an HD then try attaching the disk to a PC and formatting it on that before reattaching to the Humax.

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 16:55:06 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.